CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   in these times... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/these-times-78581/)

jaynd 09-19-2008 04:31 AM

in these times...

who's HONESTLY SERIOUSLY thinking about selling thier prized possesion....their CBR?

im reading thread after thread after thread of people saying their bike is now up on craigslist.com. sucks to hear these things as we all know how me we love riding. i hope things get better, for everyone and we stop seeing these posts.

TheX 09-19-2008 04:33 AM

RE: in these times...

I'm REALLY close to selling mine but I'm working on the Ducati dealer here trying to get a red 848 down to $14,000 OTD. As soon as I get a deal workked out then it's going up on CL.

CBRclassic 09-19-2008 04:39 AM

ORIGINAL: jaynd
who's HONESTLY SERIOUSLY thinking about selling thier prized possesion....their CBR?
im reading thread after thread after thread of people saying their bike is now up on craigslist.com. sucks to hear these things as we all know how me we love riding. i hope things get better, for everyone and we stop seeing these posts.
Not if hell froze over , the planet stopped rotating , if the poms came back to run the country or the misses was starving..........

Never mate .. take a good look at my pic mate .. !! I am, one bad ass enthusiast ...[8D]

If I ever get that far into the **** ...The last thing I own will be my CBR ... you may think that, that is a bit over the top, but if you do, you do not know me very well !!!

I have always loved my rides mate... But the CBR is very very special for reasons that I have mentioned a few times in here ....;)

pacemaker 09-19-2008 05:29 AM

I love my CBR, but have owned a sh*t load of bikes over the years & there are quite a few that I never thought I'd part with, but did (& some I was glad to see the back of). The thing I like about a new bike is, A New Bike, Sure I'm a shallow bastard. Maybe the only solution would be to kill my wife for the insurance (or fake my own demise for the same reason) & buy a garage full, like some of the lucky funts on this forum.
The CBR I had for longest of all my others, but if I was given a chunk of change I'd be sorely tempted. However in saying that, I don't miss not having a bike every couple of years, The Honda is a beautifull piece of kit & I'm happy to have one.

Hurricane rider 09-19-2008 05:40 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Not if hell froze over , the planet stopped rotating , if the poms came back to run the country or the misses was starving..........

Never mate .. take a good look at my pic mate .. !! I am, one bad ass enthusiast ...[8D]

If I ever get that far into the **** ...The last thing I own will be my CBR ... you may think that, that is a bit over the top, but if you do, you do not know me very well !!!

I have always loved my rides mate... But the CBR is very very special for reasons that I have mentioned a few times in here ....;)
AMEN! I dont give a damn how bad things get, my bike will NEVER be something I'm without, EVER. its basically my significant other, and besides my dog, the only thing in life that I'm truly happy with at all, no way in hell will I sell it.

I'd sooner go homeless and live on it under a cover somewhere than to sell it.

CBRclassic 09-19-2008 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Hurricane rider

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

AMEN! I dont give a damn how bad things get, my bike will NEVER be something I'm without, EVER. its basically my significant other, and besides my dog, the only thing in life that I'm truly happy with at all, no way in hell will I sell it.

I'd sooner go homeless and live on it under a cover somewhere than to sell it.

**** hot mate ;)..... :D:D:D:D

How do you spot the TRUE enthusiast ?? ......read the above and below ... !!!!!

The day comes that you cannot hold onto something that is very important in your life ....is the day you may as well give up my friends !!!

There are few things through life that drive the passion to survive , the urge to go on.... the need to keep battling ...

and at 53 ... my ride ..in this case, at this time it is my CBR is it ...
I get very personal where it comes to my bikes ...

What else is there that is always just sitting waiting for you
Is never tired of you
Gives so much joy and freedom without complaint
Is so reliable
Is so much fun
Give you the feeling that you own the world .

Your .......CBR ;);););) freakin big Honda's .......... yu gotta lovem to death !!!!!!

A classic CBR1000 Honda , WILL ALWAYS BE SEEN AS ONE OF THE BEST ever ride's that a guy can possibly ever have the pleasure of looking after and owning ...

and yer .. my dog is the next in line .. ;)

I have a **** load of other possessions that will get the ass before my bike !!!!! ;)

Midnight Oil .... Aussie band ....The power and the Passion !!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dukmp4v9ZiU

Shadow 09-19-2008 06:14 AM

Amen, + a million or two.
There's only one way you get the keys for my bike..........................
FROM MY COLD, DEAD HAND.:)

CBRclassic 09-19-2008 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow1
Amen, + a million or two.
There's only one way you get the keys for my bike..........................
FROM MY COLD, DEAD HAND.:)
Yer ... Pete ....somethings yu want to take to the grave with yu mate ....
and my friggin rides Keys are one!!!!!!!!!! ;););)

CBRclassic 09-19-2008 06:32 AM

And for the youngsters here ....

yer I may sound like a silly old coute .... but time will hopefully change you view of people like me a Pete and Bob ....
I only hope you live long enough to begin to enjoy the level of feelings and pleasure, that comes with age and you develop a relationship with your favorite ride, that lasts years and years ....not just months:(

Yer if being an enthusiast was measured like being a terrorist ...
well then.....
I am the Binladen of enthusiast's mate ;)

Juliet 09-19-2008 06:59 AM

Just now I am not working and money is getting really tight .. my bike is smacked up and parked down the side of the cottage, I have no money to fix it other than piece meal over the winter ... I am still bruised from a crash last week, my remaining family have told me if I dont give it up they are done with me :-( ... its not just a bike, its a life style and a part of your identity ..my bike has other deeper meanings for me too ..my dad was a biker of 40 years and rode right up until a few weeks before he died, he taught me everything I know ... when I take that bike out I am kinda with him still in some way ..after everything that has happened to me I am still NOT letting go of my bike ...

I guess I am going to be pretty lonely for a while ...

Jules