Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

That'll piss ya off....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:59 PM
TEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That'll **** ya off....

So I come home the other day and notice that my truck...yep, the big one over there in the picture...is leaking antifreeze like its a friggin sport. [:@]. I take it to the stealership to get it fixed thinking, "no big deal, it's under warranty...right?". Nope. The truck only has 30K-ish miles on it and seems a bit early for stuff to start breaking on it. Sure enough, water pump needs to be replaced and the warranty ran out 2 months ago. What???? "That will cost you around $675.00." What??? That drives me crazy....they can make a car that can navigate itself, talk to you, figure out if the tires are low, cook breakfast, give you a hand job and f'n parallel park itself, but they can't make a vehicle that will stay together 2 months after the bulls*t factory warranty expires? WTF?

Now that'll **** ya off...

next?

Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Default RE: That'll **** ya off....

I agree. But on the other hand, a water pump really is not that bad to do. I would tell the dealership to gof-themselves an put it in myself.I think that is bad luck too. Water pumpson all my vehiclesnever needed replacing till 100K or more miles. My dads 94Chevy had 230K on it before it needed fixin.Just another reason why I dislike dealerships.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 PM

As soon as the warranty expires, something goes wrong. What motor is in your truck? If it's the 5.3, the pump should be on the front of the motor and easy enough to change by yourself. Get some how to's online and save some dough. It's not hard. Aftermarket water pumps at your local Pecker Boys or Auto Zone have lifetime warranties (I believe) and can save you more dough along with doing it yourself. If you have simple tools and directions, you can do this.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Are you sure someone from a radiator shop or stealership didn't just happen by your neighborhood with a radiator punch? I'd look for a hole, being the paranoid type, but maybe it's just good ol' American engineering, designed in such a way that 'the statistics prove you should by our extended warranty.'

Old 10-14-2007, 06:18 PM

hey, sucks man...try driving an older vehicle and see how many things go wrong...lol..it sucks *****...anyways, do it yourself!! It should be pretty simple, right in the front of the motor with a pulley on it...go to advance auto, or any other auto parts store n get one. be careful, it might come in two separate pieces, its abitch once you find that out when you have one piece and your trucks ripped apart already...anyways, good luck man.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:23 PM
TEN

It's got the 6.0 in it. And no, it's probably not that hard of a fix to do it yourself, it's just the pain to get it done. Would take a while looking at it. I guess the point is, you'd think that with today's technology and impressive engineering of engines these days that you would think stuff like this wouldn't happen. I had a Tahoe Z71 before that needed an entire transmission overhaul at only 60K miles. It sucks. oh well....

Old 10-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had something happen to a car I owned (Toyota), just out of warrantee, I rang the distibutor for Australia, and he said to write to them, and said to put in a letter with the words 'An out of warrantee consideration". All it cost me was a long distance phone call & a postage stamp. May be worth a try,

Old 10-14-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: TEN

So I come home the other day and notice that my truck...yep, the big one over there in the picture...is leaking antifreeze like its a friggin sport. [:@]. I take it to the stealership to get it fixed thinking, "no big deal, it's under warranty...right?". Nope. The truck only has 30K-ish miles on it and seems a bit early for stuff to start breaking on it. Sure enough, water pump needs to be replaced and the warranty ran out 2 months ago. What???? "That will cost you around $675.00." What??? That drives me crazy....they can make a car that can navigate itself, talk to you, figure out if the tires are low, cook breakfast, give you a hand job and f'n parallel park itself, but they can't make a vehicle that will stay together 2 months after the bulls*t factory warranty expires? WTF?

Now that'll **** ya off...

next?
here is your problem...... you bought CHEVY which has none of the features thus naturally they can't deisng a vehicle that will stay together 2 months after factory warranty exparation

Old 10-14-2007, 06:31 PM

*shakes head* I am so sorry to have to relay this to our friends outside the U.S., but American car manufacturers could not care less about A--the 'units' they sell, B--the customers that give them their business, and C--anything but quarterly reports. Toyota would consider an 'out of warranty' request--and honor it--because they have more than one idea about how to build something that makes people confident in their purchase--that's why they're the most cash-rich car company in the world, outselling all others.

Okay, now who do I bill this advertisement to?

Old 10-14-2007, 06:31 PM

Yea i'l second that. My Sierra had 37000 miles on it when the brake sensors went out, essentially causing the brakes to not work at all. Called GM up and bitched. They asked questions on how many GM vehicles I own/have owned and they agreed to fix the problem with no cost to me. Definitely call the main office up. The dealership will be of no help on that issue.

Quick Reply: That'll piss ya off....