Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Swear words and why i can't use them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has always baffled me why people must cuss. What is the point of using socially offencive words on a forum?

If you want to act like an idiot, then there is a guy on a katana in cincinnati looking for riding partners.

It is the collective behavior of the members that make this board great. I'm glad for the rules we have here. Otherwise I would not have a cbr forum to learn from.

cbrclassic you draw a hard line and I'm ok with that.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
PhD in BSology ... you slay me you insane man child born out of wedlock (that'd be crazy bastard in simpleeese ).

Ahhhh, Mr. Stretch my dear lad...It is apparent you have learned to harness your inner sailor and express yourself in creative yet thought provoking ways. Now if others could learn to harness this ability this forum would be all unicorns and leprechauns!

The Prof.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by cman9toes
If you want to act like an idiot, then there is a guy on a katana in cincinnati looking for riding partners.

LMAO

Old 07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Well it was just a ?. Being military and all is just part of the ol vocabulary. Its part of my daily life so it really doesn't bother me when i can and can't use it. Thx for answers. i really like the bsololdy. Mine is in traumaolody and i see them come in the er all the time off their harley's and gixxers. LOL. most of them drunk.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM

Oops! I think I may have done it before without even thinking about it. I type pretty fast without really thinking about what im saying. I just think it, and put it down basically. Sorry if I have been swearing..

Old 07-21-2009, 03:21 PM

Here is a real simple answer, ever tried getting on forums from work and couldn't? Ever wonder why? Yup you guessed it swear words get caught by word filters in firewalls, not to mention alot of the creative alternatives. I dont allow them on any of the sites I run of admin either for just that reason. We may all be adults, some may not, some may not be offended by swearing and others are. But in the end adults are suppose to be able to communicate without swearing.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:40 PM

Dictators love censorship too. While I personally don't condone swearing or foul language (in an improper setting) I believe its your right to say what you please and if someone cant handle it then thats their problem. Thats my own .02 though and I like cbrforum just the way it is.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist
......Being military and all is just part of the ol vocabulary....... Thx for answers. i really like the bsololdy. Mine is in traumaolody and i see them come in the er all the time off their harley's and gixxers. LOL. most of them drunk.
The BSology comes from the fact that I am an Air Traffic Controller and in the Marine Corps, so I have a knack for thinking on my toes.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by bakesf4i
Dictators love censorship too. While I personally don't condone swearing or foul language (in an improper setting) I believe its your right to say what you please and if someone cant handle it then thats their problem. Thats my own .02 though and I like cbrforum just the way it is.
Well I do entirely for filter reasons. I know alot of ppl who can surf while at work, and well I like my users to be able to access my shyt from no matter where they are. But yes dictators do love it, but boards with dictators usually dont last long. Every board has to have rules and regulations tho are there would be complete chaos. And trust me I am the first person that hates being told what I can n cant do lol.

Quick Reply: Swear words and why i can't use them?