Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Swear words and why i can't use them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 04:26 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swear words and why i can't use them?

I know this is an adult forum and all but why can't i just type the word *** once in a while. Is there any thing wrong with the word. Or many of the other words like *** $hit damn. Its not like i have virgin eyes or something. Make the option for them to be displayed or not. Maybe i am just ranting. But i think that they are just part of the language. Why do i have to be creative in they way they are typed. The end goal is the same is it not?

Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any person who has to use expletives on a public forum, should understand that while we're all adults, we don't all have the same views you do..............so find another way to get your message across......
Some people find it offensive.
We're not here to cause offense, so the language won't be tolerated. Simple.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drunkinmist
I know this is an adult forum and all but why can't i just type the word *** once in a while. Is there any thing wrong with the word. Or many of the other words like *** $hit damn. Its not like i have virgin eyes or something. Make the option for them to be displayed or not. Maybe i am just ranting. But i think that they are just part of the language. Why do i have to be creative in they way they are typed. The end goal is the same is it not?
Maybe you should learn to embrace your creativity instead of settling for simplicity. Allow the brain to work and not remain stagnant and vegetate. Sure you seem to relish in the simplicity and vulgarity of swear words, but why? To get his/her point across one only need to get straight and to the point. The use of filler words whether they are swear words or not, does nothing for your comments except make them longer. Perhaps you should explore other avenues of expression like markers or colored pencils. Red is considered by some to be an aggressive color, it would be an excellent choice if you are upset; blue is a bit more soothing, etc. So as a professor of BSology, I suggest that should something really grind your gears, you sit down with a 64 ct box of crayons and draw out your emotions. By doing this you will find it unnecessary to swear on this forum since you will have already exorcised the demons through colorful stick figures on paper. Thank you for your time good sir, now get off of my couch and go finger paint!!! Cheers

-Prof Nafstap
PhD BSology

Old 07-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PhD in BSology ... you slay me you insane man child born out of wedlock (that'd be crazy bastard in simpleeese ).

Old 07-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who cares? It's a forum...

It's about sending the right message to the sponsors that we have quality people with serious goals and mature members so that they don't shy away. In turn we get a great, free resource to use.

Just grow up a little, does it really matter that you have to use shyte instead of the four-letter alternative or any other similar replacement? Who. Cares. Be thankful for the wonderful tool you have at your disposal 24/7 with incredibly helpful people who want to help you keep your bike running and pretty and may even be down to bs with you about other stuff.

Incidentally, not all of us here are adults.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are alot of kids that hang out here and while some may think it is acceptable it is not permissable.

Why do individuals come to this forum, express how great it is and then start griping why there is no naked women pictures and no profanity allowed.

If you want this forum to be like the rest, go buy a gixxer and hang with them.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The odd swear word or curse used in moderation and intelligently can be funny but for the most part swearing just makes a post/thread look bad ... it's generally considered to be a lack of vocabulary and whilst one may swear at home, for instance as a reaction to stubbing your toe or something, is there really any need to be typing swear words up to post in a public forum?? ... it just looks crass, there are countless forums on the internet where people openly use expletives and it makes those forums look like they have got a low IQ level or are overun with delinquent teenagers ... I looked at many bike forums and saw so much needless and crass swearing that I just moved on by ... when I saw this forum, it looked to be a different class with decent folks and real intelligence :-)

So yes we are all adults and have sworn and have seen it all before but I for one would rather not see it painted all over this forum ... it just makes the forum "something less"

Jules

Quick Reply: Swear words and why i can't use them?