Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The stupid person at work

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 AM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just heard another one from a different girl at work. She is dumb too. So to setup this story this coworker of mine had a baby 7 months ago and he has a picture on his desk of the baby sleeping with a note next to the baby that says "I love daddy" that his wife wrote. This girl sees it and goes "Oh my God that is soooo cute that your baby wrote that" Everyone just goes

Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 AM

At my old job(emphasis of old) I was digging drenches with shovels(we had a backhoe at the shop that for some reason couldn't use) in this guys huge back yard trying to find a slow leaking water line that he put in over 20 years ago and couldn't quite remember where in the yard he put it. My genius of a boss getting frustrated that we couldn't find the old water line, started going around with a glass cup holding it to the ground trying to listen for the leak. I had to go around the nearest building I was laughing so hard.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My safety director here at work 'today' when I walked into work this morning, saw that I was carrying my helmet and gloves. Already 81 degrees outside. Asked "You ride your motorcycle today", I said "no, getting ready to drive the forkift and do wheelies through the plant". She said "funny(eyeing that I was already sweating), it looks hot outside", I then said" looks like we are getting 4-5 inches(of snow) outside".
Nothing escapes her. That was this morning. "Well huh, Mr.Obvious I never made the connection".

Old 07-21-2011, 12:42 PM

I went in for lunch at the hospital where my girlfriend works while we are in line to get some food (biscuits and fish) the lady in front of me asked for a light biscuit (as in not cooked as much as the rest) and the girl server picks up a biscuit in her hand, moves her hand up and down and goes "this one feels pretty light" haha

Old 07-21-2011, 03:34 PM

My boss at one of my old jobs used to light his wood stove with a cup of offroad diesel and a lighter every morning when I got there. He also used to burn pine in his wood stove.

One day I was out cutting down some diseased christmas trees with the chainsaw and he wanders out and picks up a branch to throw it in the mule(kawasaki). He then told me he would hold it and I had to cut it in half between his hands. I told him no and said just drop it and I'll cut it on the ground. He then argued with me and told me to hold the stick and he'd cut it with the chainsaw. After I said no I'd rather have both my hands he asked what for and called me a *****. This was a 74 year old man who according to his entire family has always done things this way.

Another time he had me out weed wacking in 95 degree heat between the pine trees where we couldn't mow. And he came out to help me with a puffy blue vest on, long sleeve jean shirt with a tshirt on underneath it, a pair of jeans on, and work boots. He told me I'd have a hard time keeping up and I told him to go inside. The field we were doing was about a quarter mile long and halfway through he hopped in his car that he used to regularly drive through the fields and drove back to his house. When I went in to tell them I was heading home because of the heat his wife told me the heat made him sick and he had to stop. Turns out he never stopped for a drink of water or anything. I told her I told him to stay inside and let me work by myself but he refused and she said yeah that sounds about right. I've got a story like that for almost everyday I worked there for 7 months.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow
I went in for lunch at the hospital where my girlfriend works while we are in line to get some food (biscuits and fish) the lady in front of me asked for a light biscuit (as in not cooked as much as the rest) and the girl server picks up a biscuit in her hand, moves her hand up and down and goes "this one feels pretty light" haha
that is a great story lol. Wow I am stunned.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
oh that is a classic. If I was the customer I would ask for someone else to make my sandwhich. You think being a woman she would be good at making sandwiches by now
I know right? she wasn't the brightest tool in the box... one time she just sent a piece of bread through the oven... nothing was on it and it wasn't even cut. idk how she could even spell her name...

Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM

OMG this just happend....Ive been working as an EE intern at this plant that makes parking meters for over a year now. I walk into the bathroom and some guy Ive never seen who's not much older then me is there. this isn't unusual ppl on the line dont really stay that long.

him: "Are you new or have you just been hiding? Ive never seen u before"
Me: "I work over in Engineering so I stay pretty well hidden"
him: " oh, what kinda degree do you need for that?"
Me: " I'm working on my Electrical Engineering degree..."

Old 07-22-2011, 10:19 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by sumone
him: " oh, what kinda degree do you need for that?"
You should have said something like Communications lol

Old 07-22-2011, 03:20 PM

Shoulda said actually I'm a Neurosurgeon with a minor in professional pet grooming and horse dentistry and then just stared at him.

Quick Reply: The stupid person at work