Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stupid People Part 2!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stupid People Part 2!

So in the previous installment, one of my co-workers landed a sweet job offer. But then failed the drug test. I went and applied for a job in the company myself. Part of the application process is a pre-screening test. Basic math, reading comprehension, information analysis and field specific questions.

During the pre-screen test, you're given 2 hours to complete it. To give you an idea of the test difficulty I googled a basic math tutorial website in the parking lot and finished in 1 hour. Seriously in today's age what kind of employer wants a person too stupid to use a calculator to check their numbers?

But I digress. Another co-worker also applied and went for the pre-screen test. He failed the pre-screen. He didn't get past the basic reading and math. That part of the test is similar to the one we had to pass to be employed by our current employer. So why did he fail a test that he had previously passed?

He's really not a stupid person...

But the reason why is really REALLY stupid...

He was playing CoD MW3 all night with no sleep and fell asleep during the test!

My interview is at 2:15. I'm leaving at noon for the hour long drive and will watch a vid in the car till time so I won't be late

Old 11-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Good luck. You are who theyre looking for.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hey, i manage my family's store - i do the hiring/interviewing too. you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find good help. people bitch about finding work - but i'm here to tell you i can't find good kids to work at my store.

we usually hire highschool/college kids (it is scooping ice cream after all) - i don't expect a kid to come in to the store with a suit on - but jeez.

we've got these girls that will come in to interview wearing short shorts, a tank top, a ton of piercings in their face, chewing gum, and then they'll even say sh*t like "o i just got bored at my last job" / "my parents said i need something to do afterschool" / "i figure this job will be easy enough" / etc.

we've got these guys that'll come in wearing a ratty old t-shirt, who haven't shaved in a week, who've brought a friend with them to the interview (the friend will be sitting in the customer area), who will check their phones DURING the interview, admit that their MOM filled out the application, etc.

i remember whenever i interviewed for any job - i was always wearing nice clothes, answered yes ma'am, yes sir, etc - i was trying to sell myself to the employer so i'd could get the opportunity to work and make my own money. i guess that just doesn't matter to these kids nowadays.

it really doesn't surprise me that you've got all these stories of guys doing this. now i know i'm hiring mostly kids who don't necessarily need the work - they still live off of daddy and mommy's paycheck - but i think that these kids start those habits young, and don't change. i mean, i couldn't imagine doing that what they do.

and just as much so, i couldn't imagine playing a damn video game all night long before a big interview either. or partying.

sorry for the rant, but i'm with you on this kuro. i don't care what the unemployment rate is - i'm convinced that the people who WANT to work - will always be able to find work. and compared to the competition, i'm sure you'll do just fine. good luck with the interview.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't sleep well before important things but I sure as hell just lie in bed until I fall asleep but playing mw3 is just ridiculous.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kuroshio: Here`s some music for your friend to walk home. I composed it myself:

Dumm Dumm Dumm Dumm Dumm Dumm
Dumm Dumm Dumm Dumm Dumm Dumm...

Hope U get the job!

I myself have been studying my butt off and going in and out of banks and other money loaning firms for the past 6 months, because I`m going to buy the truck that I drive for myself and start my own business as an entrepeneur (?) before this year ends. Luckily I don`t have to hire anyone just yet but if I´m going to expand the business in the future with additional trucks I`m going to have to screen some possible candidates for drivers...

And Conrice: The state of the youngsters in here is dramatically dropping too, or i`m just going old... It hurts my eyes to look at those... "pissis" is the finnish wor for it, and it doesn`t translate straight, but:

(slang) A teenage girl obsessed with outer appearances (as for clothing, hair style, makeup, etc.), having self-conscious behavior, drinking alcohol excessively and having an indifferent attitude towards everything; partially corresponds to the terms ''chav girl'', ''girl'' and ''girl'', but does not connote any social status.

You`ll get the point...

Old 11-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
And Conrice: The state of the youngsters in here is dramatically dropping too, or i`m just going old... It hurts my eyes to look at those... "pissis" is the finnish wor for it, and it doesn`t translate straight, but:

(slang) A teenage girl obsessed with outer appearances (as for clothing, hair style, makeup, etc.), having self-conscious behavior, drinking alcohol excessively and having an indifferent attitude towards everything; partially corresponds to the terms ''chav girl'', ''girl'' and ''girl'', but does not connote any social status.

You`ll get the point...

That would be translated into english as: (noun) teenager. Later they just become (noun) women.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

:goofygrin:

Old 11-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol i party the night before on stupid interviews i don't care if i get the job or not... if its somethiing i want to do, like my position now, im dressing up wearing ties, if its this second job i got at dicks, i'm wearing my work clothes from my real job haha