Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

stealing wifi signal, good, bad???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stealing wifi signal, good, bad???

so someone arond here has a wifi router and i can pick it up from my apt. i dont even know who it is. do u think the person would get mad or upset if they ever found out? its not my prob they did not put a pw on it. what do ya think

Old 03-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Default RE: stealing wifi signal, good, bad???

Do what you got to do. you got to some how download all those power rangers dvd.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:24 PM

Its stealing regardless is what the courts have decided. What you should do is figure out who it is (like every idiot the network name is probably their last name) and then offer to help them secure it and then ask them if you can use it.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:38 PM

All's fair in love and War,If they they didn't secure you're not invading their home i don't see how you could be in the wrong...I run WIFI and it's secure but i never had to set-up my daughters new laptop on cause sumbody in my hood didn't secure their's......I thought it was funny on Christmas Mornin when she told me she was on the Net and i never set it up......

Old 03-25-2007, 07:32 PM

You Should be really careful about unsecure wifi !!!! There are people capable of watching what you are doing especially if it's a sensitive web sites! You know like paying for something online with a credit card! Just because the site says SECURE , don't meanthat it can't be capturedand unencrypted.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:54 PM

You answered your own question in the subject line with the very first word.... stealing. []

Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: ks511

You Should be really careful about unsecure wifi !!!! There are people capable of watching what you are doing especially if it's a sensitive web sites! You know like paying for something online with a credit card! Just because the site says SECURE , don't meanthat it can't be capturedand unencrypted.
i know only becouse i have see it in the news so much.

ORIGINAL: telgren

Its stealing regardless is what the courts have decided. What you should do is figure out who it is (like every idiot the network name is probably their last name) and then offer to help them secure it and then ask them if you can use it.
going knock knock to every apt near me? like 50 of them and saying so a.. do u have a wilreless router?? .... thats not me at all.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:01 PM

IT IS NOT STEALING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use it as long as you can, this way u dont have to pay for your own. If he didn't want u to use it he would secure it. Bottom line, if u dont want other people to use ur wireless, put a key on it.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:06 PM

u guys are right... screw that i am using it...

Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM

"Bottom line, if u dont want other people to use ur wireless, put a key on it. "

So if I leave my key in my bike that's an invitation to take it as yours?? Stealing is stealing and maybe the person with the "open channel" doesn't know it's that way or is doing it to allow people to steal it so they can monitor your activity. If it's not yours, then it's not yours. Period.

Quick Reply: stealing wifi signal, good, bad???