Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Squid Spotting!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Squid Spotting!

and look at this abadfish its even worse lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lm4JwiLI3w

seems like u took me at heart

Old 04-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

Anyone riding hard, on a sport bike, not dressed in full racing gear is a squid...imo.

Anyone riding on the street...where there is lots of traffic...even dressed in full repli-racer gear, cutting between cars, taking near misses,
is also a squid imo.

A guy who is wearing a helmet, but then a t-shirt, and shorts = squid.

Throw a girl on back...wearing no helmet or dressed just like him...is also a squid.

Basically, anyone who has brought a knife to a gun fight...metaphorically speaking...is a squid.
ok what about a guy wearing a helmet, gloves, jeans andt shirt ? its like the one option you left out so does this also make him a squid ? lol

Old 04-05-2007, 10:58 PM

i didn't know that being 200-220 lbs and riding a sport bike made you a squid. or that wearing only a helmet, jacket, jeans, gloves and steel toe boots made you a squid. and my gloves don't have fingertips on them either, so i guess that's another one against me. well, that's me. but i ride smart. i have a wife and kids to come home to, wear what i wear and ride the way i ride for that reason. some of you guys have such a high and mighty hard core sport bike rider attitude, and it's funny to me. it may be a good thing if you wear your leathers head to toe, cuz you may need them when this 220 lb squid drags your little *** across the road and whoops it for being such an arrogant little ****.
- sorry, but this whole squid thing seems a little rediculous.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: tmcj

i didn't know that being 200-220 lbs and riding a sport bike made you a squid. or that wearing only a helmet, jacket, jeans, gloves and steel toe boots made you a squid. and my gloves don't have fingertips on them either, so i guess that's another one against me. well, that's me. but i ride smart. i have a wife and kids to come home to, wear what i wear and ride the way i ride for that reason. some of you guys have such a high and mighty hard core sport bike rider attitude, and it's funny to me. it may be a good thing if you wear your leathers head to toe, cuz you may need them when this 220 lb squid drags your little *** across the road and whoops it for being such an arrogant little ****.
Mijo,
Give yourself a chance to know us before you get pissed. I think that most of us are concerned about the safety of our fellow riders, and we don't like riders adding to the stigma that the public has of us..."******* sportbike rider!" Squids should be pointed out, in my opinion, because I/we do not think like they do and do not want to be associated with that type of rider. I have a wife and four kids to come home to, and I will do everything in my power to make it home safe. If I call out a guy that I think is an *******, who is an example of someone who jeopardizes my ability to get home...so be it, screw that guy!

Old 04-05-2007, 11:42 PM
VP

I'm 250 pounds... but I know not to put another 200 pounder on my backside

Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: tmcj

Mijo,
Give yourself a chance to know us before you get pissed. I think that most of us are concerned about the safety of our fellow riders, and we don't like riders adding to the stigma that the public has of us..."******* sportbike rider!" Squids should be pointed out, in my opinion, because I/we do not think like they do and do not want to be associated with that type of rider. I have a wife and four kids to come home to, and I will do everything in my power to make it home safe. If I call out a guy that I think is an *******, who is an example of someone who jeopardizes my ability to get home...so be it, screw that guy!
hey bud, what's Mijo??
i apologize for going off like that, but i've dealt with enough clique stuff recently and it was beginning to sound like one.like if your not a hardcore sport biker decked out in race gear and fit the stereotype image, you won't ever gain any respect at this place. your response proves to me that it isn't the case, and i thank you. i agree with the idea of pointing out the unsafe, or should i say negligent riders out there, and your attitude towards them. they do nothing but bring disrespect to the sport bike crowd particularly, and all bikes for that matter.i prefer not to ride with your "squids" either. i don't ride with people who area possibility of taking me out with them or getting my butt in trouble.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Retired Moderator

"Mijo" is a Spanish term of endearment for "son". I just wanted to say, "Hang out for a while". You'll love it here. We all have similar interests.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Mostly, squid spotting or whatever is simply more experienced rider's looking out for ill-prepared, more novice riders.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

"Mijo" is a Spanish term of endearment for "son". I just wanted to say, "Hang out for a while". You'll love it here. We all have similar interests.
cool.