Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Squid Spotting!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Squid Spotting!

the 10 oclock thing was just an observation I didn't mean it to be asquidly act, you could take it out and make the same connotation but I just wanted to be thorough that's all... I ride at 10 am all the time!

I do have to disagree that having two overweight people ona bike isn't squidly though it's really damaging to the suspension, tires, and brakes... have you ever seen what happens to a hammockwhen two fat people are on a hammock? enough said.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Banned

Can a squid ride a cruiser or a chopper?

80% of the cruisers/standards here in florida are ridden by folks that are wearing only jeans, tank tops and sunglasses, but a sportbike guy wearing a helmet without full body armor is a squid?

The vast majority of sportbike riders in my town (central Florida) wear helmets but only wear jackets when it is below 85 degrees and 95% humidity, and then usually only at night. A few dummies are of the flip-flop/baggies/sunglass variety and that I gotta agree is kinda dopey even for the rednecks down here.

Even the mortorcycle cops in this town ride half helmet shortsleeve in the spring/summer/fall...are these guys squids?

I gotta know before someone posts my picture on this thread with a big 'squid' typed across my forehead.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 1FAST929

i want to trade my 929 for a repsol,but i am afraid i will not like the repsol as much as the 929,but i think im just telling my self that so i forget about it.its barly working anymore!
Get the Repsol *drool*

Old 04-04-2007, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Squid Spotting!

Lots of calamari on the menu here: clicky-clicky

Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Can a squid ride a cruiser or a chopper?

80% of the cruisers/standards here in florida are ridden by folks that are wearing only jeans, tank tops and sunglasses, but a sportbike guy wearing a helmet without full body armor is a squid?

Valid point.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 PM

My brother was the ULTIMATE squid!! When I was a kid, 10-12 or so, he was a life guard at the local pool. I'd always see him ripping down these pot-holes roads with gravel on them at waaaay to high of speed, wearing nothing more that what he wore when lifeguarding at the pool. Just shorts and a pair of shades, oh, and the whistle around his neck! He still rides, but has smartened up some.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Nice one Abad! lol, I was thinking the same thing. Who gives a flying f**k how fast we can go, well outside the track. If you want to be fast, upgrade your suspension! That is unless you just want to go in a straight line and think to yourself "Ooooo, I'm cool and fast!". Suspension! Anywho, I didn't go riding yesterday due to the f**ked up weather here in Ohio, but I did see some guy, younger, on a Goldwing in a pair of gym shorts, a tank top, and a pair of flip flops. As far as the cruiser/chopper riders, you're right, 99% of them don't wear any gear at all. I was at Shell this past weekend, filling up, and here comes this Harley, man and woman, just a laughing away...well they pull up to the pump and...bam! The dumbarse hops off the bike, woman still sitting on the back, and forgot to put his kickstand down. Well, the bike obviouslly fell over and when it did, the lady bumped her noggin off the "curb" that the pump was sitting on, and knocked her out. The EMS was called and so on...then at Iron Pony, there were a group of 7-8 sportbikes, all young kids, all squids...not one had a helmet or anything and one didn't even have any footwear on, shoeless! a pair of shorts and no shirt. What's wrong with people? And they all wonder why they end up with road rash, broken bones, or even worse, dead. I don't wish anything bad on anyone, well except for my ex, but if something bad happens because you weren't wearing any gear, that's your own damn fault. Oh, and the 2 guys in the pic...it looks like they're playing hard to get and running their suck muscles...that's just nasty, there should be some kind of law against that!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see squids on a daily basis out here, lotta frat boys with too much money, last week i saw a guy no shirt no gloves and his girl was wearin booty shorts and a tank top, suzuki flavored squids are the funniest

Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

the 10 oclock thing was just an observation I didn't mean it to be asquidly act, you could take it out and make the same connotation but I just wanted to be thorough that's all... I ride at 10 am all the time!

I do have to disagree that having two overweight people ona bike isn't squidly though it's really damaging to the suspension, tires, and brakes... have you ever seen what happens to a hammockwhen two fat people are on a hammock? enough said.

Regina?!?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: Squid Spotting!