Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

squid ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: squid ?

vests are how you tell the cool people from the non cool people

Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

vests are how you tell the cool people from the non cool people
ah thanks, i thought that was the shades and the uglier the bike.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: telgren

I read an article, and looked at the national highway traffic institute's numbers on crashes and the types of bikes that get involved in most accidents. Turns out that most of them are cruisers, average rider age is over 40, and a good portion of them involve alchohol in one way shape or form, usually their own consumption.
[/quote]

just out of curiousity dou have a link to the site? also how many sport bikes are on the road then cruisers. i ask this becuase if you said red cars are in more accidents then any other car but then there is 3 red cars on the road for every 1 of any other color then that would most likly be the reason.

i do have to say when u drive passed a lot of bars you see a lot of cruiser siting there i rarely every see sports bikes at bars.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Banned

I read an article, and looked at the national highway traffic institute's numbers on crashes and the types of bikes that get involved in most accidents. Turns out that most of them are cruisers, average rider age is over 40, and a good portion of them involve alchohol in one way shape or form, usually their own consumption.
The whole idea of 'bike night' at a bar or a 'biker bar' is crazy, but more older guys on bikes drink than younger guys. I believe speed gets the younger guys but booze, stupidityandlack of skillget us old guys.

As for being over 40 (I am 44), our reactions are slower and if we haven't ridden in our teens and 20s it is hard to 'get that 6th sense' and keep it on all the time, also it is harder to become very proficient at a complex new skill such as riding, the whole old dog and new tricks thing.

If you ever want a fun arguement, come to Florida andtry and convince a 50 year old guy on a harley to wear a full face helmet.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:51 PM

Ive taken my bike to the bar a bunch of times to hang out with friends after work or in the afternoon. But I always drink Coke or water.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Ive taken my bike to the bar a bunch of times to hang out with friends after work or in the afternoon. But I always drink Coke or water.
+12 i do the same thing. just park the bikes out front and go in to hang out. the most i ever had was one beer then waited like 2 hours before riding anywhere. the harley/cruiser guys call US punks, yet they are the ones getiing loaded then riding all crazy with their girl on the bike.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:10 PM

Yep. I went out for a ride with a bunch of guys from work. Almost all of them are H.D. riders. We rode for about an hour, stoped and almost everybody started drinking. I was like, you got to be kidding me. Then we went back out, rode for a while and stoped at another bar. I got some food and they got more drinks. I was pretty amazed that they would drink so much and still ride. And I dont ride with most of them anymore.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 PM

Yep. I went out for a ride with a bunch of guys from work. Almost all of them are H.D. riders. We rode for about an hour, stoped and almost everybody started drinking. I was like, you got to be kidding me. Then we went back out, rode for a while and stoped at another bar. I got some food and they got more drinks. I was pretty amazed that they would drink so much and still ride. And I dont ride with most of them anymore.
Surprised if most of them are even still alive

Old 04-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: telgren

Surprised if most of them are even still alive
+1 thats crazy to drink and ride. **** its crazy to be hella tired and ride ! i remember reading some where that its now illegal in some states to drive while tired (i want to say new jersey) because they say your re action time is just as inhibited as when you are under the influence of alcohol