Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

speeding at @85 on freeway limit @ 65

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
TEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: speeding at @85 on freeway limit @ 65

Sounds like a self-critiquing event. You sped, you got caught....you got a ticket. Pay it and move on. And don't speed anymore with a cop behind you. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 PM

+100 why are we talking about this? You told him how fast you were going, You were speeding, You got caught, now YOU get to pay. Have fun buddy!

Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Two words; Fifth Amendment.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:08 AM

I told him around 80 to 85 but he wrote 85 on the ticket (no radar involved probably by following me). Based on the ticket, he followed me from Haster to Brookhurst (4 or 5 miles). I also mention to him that my speedometer is off or inaccurate. I'm going to fight this ticket, before going to court I need to verify that my speedometer is inaccurate, I'm going to take it to the dealer and have them test it and give me paper to prove it is at least off but 10 mph (I know this because I was riding 95 mph in order to pace with cars on the 10 freeway and the fact that not ALL carsdrive at 95 mph) with this hopefully reduced my speed to 75 mph.So when I show it at the court, I can show the judge this paper. Any input would help, thank you.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

In Washington ST you can defer one traffic ticket every seven years. You pay like $50 and if you go a year with out another ticket it never shows up on your record. But if you do get a ticket within that year you have to pay for the new one, the old one that was defered and the$50 you payed in the begining.
they have that here in MD too. its called "probation before judgement", so you get a ticket.......it goes "invisible" aslong as you do communtiy service or driver improvement class. it stays there for about a year....if you f*** up w/in that year then you get to pay the new ticket, old ticket.......and take the points from both! i had this at one time as a late teen, lol.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 AM

More time, money and effort will be made by all this proving this and that. You admitted to speeding and now you want to change your mind? Look, grow up, pay the ticket and take responsibility for your actions and stop using internet forums totry and figure out a way to get out of things.
You only fight things if you are INNOCENT, andyou are not! This is why ourlegal system is so slow and screwed up. What a waste of time.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

ORIGINAL: agentofdarkness

Never, ever, tell the cop how fast you were going. Always respond with "I was watching the road and wasn't paying attention to the speedometer". Sometimes the cop will pull you over because he knows you were speeding but he didn't get you on radar. He is hoping that you will admit to speeding so he can write you a ticket. At that point, you have no way to contest the ticket since you admitted to how fast you were going.
QFT, That is the dumbest thing you could ever do. What did the ticket say was the method that the cop got you with? Here the tickets all have to say how the cop caught you. (laser, radar, following etc.)

Anyway, you were dumb enough to be speeding, so live with the punishment.
How is that the dumbest thing? He is right. You never admit your actual speed tothe cop...just say you're not sure or something. And "you were dumb enough to be speeding"? wtf...like you dont ever speed? We ride crotchrockets, most of us speed...and 85 in 65?...big effing deal. That's nothing!

Heres what to do. Go to court and hope the cop doesn't show. If he doesn't then it will be thrown out (no points, fine, or record). If he does show then plead NOT GUILTY and after he finishes testifying, if he's forgotten to identify you as the driver, your vehicle, the speed you were going, the method he used to clock you, the date and time, or the location of the incident object by saying something like this: "Your Honor, at this timeI move for an immidiate dismissal on the grounds that the officer failed to state ___________(whichever one he didn't say). If the judge then trys to let the cop start testifying again say "Your Honor, I object on the grounds that the procecution already rested its case and cannot admit new evedince." If all that fails or he doesn't make any mistakes i guess just say u have a clean record and ask for PBJ (probation before judgement) or a reduced speed and hope for the best. Getting a ticket sux, but this one really is no biggie. Don't fret about it too much...Good Luck.