Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

speeding at @85 on freeway limit @ 65

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: speeding at @85 on freeway limit @ 65

ORIGINAL: flin0211

I've heard you have the right to see/read cop's speed radar/laser if caught speeding. That's the proof you are speeding.
I tried that one time and the guy laughed at me. To the OP, well, you made your bed now sleep in it. But look around. Last ticket I got was.......uh....1998 or so, 65 in a 50. I contacted a lawyer and got it cleared through some lawyer mumbo-jumbo unbeknowst to me for 95.00. Had I just paid the ticket it would have been 130.00. So ask around. It's your first ticket, you have options to keep it of your record. Stay safe.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:59 AM

well...if officer doesnt u a how fast ur going ( or he didnt clock you ) then .. he has no proof .. i think u should fight that ticket n try2win at least...well..ask for many extentions you can .. n request for written declaration ( friend of mine did that n won the case )

Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 AM

You did the crime, you do the time. Pay up and suck it up and stop using internet forums to try and "get out of stuff". Had many speeding tickets back a few years ago and I never got mad at anyone, ultimately, but myself.
Depending on state law, cops don't have to show you anything to prove anything except in court. But you already admitted to speeding so your toast!

Old 07-04-2007, 09:20 AM

yes, you messed up by telling him how fast you were going but it's you're right as a motorist to try to get out of a ticket. plead not guilty(thats what you do in PA) take it to court or however you need to do it. then, in the meantime, come up with whatever defense you can. in PA alot of the time if you're moderately prepared you can get off or get it reduced. speedo stuck on 85, but didnt notice it until later. you clocked yourself over a measured mile and you're speedo is 10-12 mph off, just be sure to have all the correct time measurements and how or where you did the measured mile. had a bee stuck somewhere. about to crap you pants, but was too embarassed to tell the cop. maybe the cop will mess up. check the ticket for mistakes. go to a library or check on line for copy of motor vehicle code or copy of police handbook to see if the cop did everything correctly. the worst thing that will happen is you'll have to pay up. dont just bend over and take it with no lube. think of it as a game between you and the po po. just remember even the sun shines on a dog's *** every now and again.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nismo6RR714

well...if officer doesnt u a how fast ur going ( or he didnt clock you ) then .. he has no proof .. i think u should fight that ticket n try2win at least...well..ask for many extentions you can .. n request for written declaration ( friend of mine did that n won the case )
SPEAK REALENGLISH! I pay a lot of taxes so you can go to school, please don't make me feel like I'm wasting my money.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: Nismo6RR714

SPEAK REALENGLISH! I pay a lot of taxes so you can go to school, please don't make me feel like I'm wasting my money.
Yea Mang .. 2nd Lang wasnt easy2learn bro...but i think i got lot better tho .. my bad if im making u feel like ur wasting ur money

Old 07-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Banned

Either take the class (if that is an option) or go to court. One reason why there are so many cops on the road is that they aren't in court. My advice is to try and keep our Boys in Blue off the road and in the courts this way they won't be bothering the next guy so much. Try and plead it down if the class isn't an option, you probably will need to go to court for that.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:33 PM

haha^^

You told the cop how fast you were going and he wrote it down, on the ticket. What's to fight about !

Old 07-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: fuze

haha^^
You told the cop how fast you were going and he wrote it down, on the ticket. What's to fight about !
That struck my funnybone, Fuze...

Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 AM

In Washington ST you can defer one traffic ticket every seven years. You pay like $50 and if you go a year with out another ticket it never shows up on your record. But if you do get a ticket within that year you have to pay for the new one, the old one that was defered and the$50 you payed in the begining.

Quick Reply: speeding at @85 on freeway limit @ 65