Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

something i dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: something i dont understand

Cars and bikes are two COMPLETELY different experiences. I couldn't live without either one.

I love riding the bike for that "one-ness" with the machine. You and the bike, that's it. I couldn't imagine not having my bike.

But at the same time, it sends chills down my spine to think I would never have a car again either.

I can see where the guy with the TSX is coming from though.......there are.......

.......People who love bikes and would never touch a car again
.......People who love cars AND bikes (like myself)
.......People who love cars and wouldn't touch a bike

Bikes aren't for everyone. (and that's a good thing)

Old 02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My best friend got into riding and I love it. I got into a real bad accident, took some time off due to being scared ****less and going to England. Now that I am back on 2 wheels I will never go back. Do not get me wrong I love my mustangs and my Durango but I love my F2 a lot more. My friend that got me into riding his thinking about selling his F1. I keep telling him that he will regret it. But it is his choice.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM

Urbanracer
I just flat out love riding/driving bikes and cars and the sound of the engine. I think its pretty much anything with pistons and a manual trans for me.
It's likesmoking crack without the cracked lips.It's addicting and after one ride your hooked. I might be dating myself ( don't worry Fatguy your still older) but has anyone ever seen one of these before......
Name:  MOSPEADA-1-15-Fuke-Scott.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  194.4 KB
When I was younger I thoughtthese guyswere bad as hell.( no their not Power Rangerslove ya James)I think this why I have helmet and leathers addiction. I wanted to join the Military and fly Apaches, being diabetic [:@]killed that idea so riding bikes are the next best thing, I guess.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To each his (her) own. It doesn't make us right and them wrong. Car freaks feel the same way about us being wrong. The fact is that the people like us (this is my 12th bike) are more likely to be posting on a motorcycle forum so we aren't going to hear from the other side.

Let people like what they will and don't judge them for not being motorbike fanatics.

It's like people thinking the cager is always at fault, it simply isn't true.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 PM

I have been on bikes for 40yrs. Liked them and dreamed of them before that. There are years I don't put as many miles on as other years, but that is ok. My interests "may" not be as strong one year as the next and that is ok too. I also love cars. I wanted a '62 Corvette so bad when I was 16, my brother gave me a birthday card with $1 in it, to put in my savings account toward one. Well, I bought that '62 Corvette when I was 19. How do you compare a top down ride, at night with duals cooing in your ears. How do you compare banking into a turn on a nice bike? How do you compare a blonde, brunette or red head? All are fantastic, when you need a companion or a good ride! If everyone had to enjoy the same things, it sure would be crowded out there.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:34 AM

All this talk about riding is making my right hand twitch! I know what you guys are talking about! I got my first motorcycle befor a bicycle when I was about 2. an old honda 50 elsinore that my dad got as payment for working on somebody's bike. He welded training wheels on it and I'd ride to the end of our yard and stop, then he'd pick me and the bike up turn us around, and off I'd go again! I'v been on two wheels the past 24 years. hell for a while I didn't even have a car, Just the bike. It's my vent, whatever happens, it's gone as soon as I hit 2nd. I simply cannot fathom life without 2 wheels. I get pi$$y if the weather is bad for a week and I can't ride. On the same token, have you seen how people drive? you want all of them on bikes? zuke sales would go up I Guess.... j/k