Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

gixxer down

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gixxer down

man i feel terrible. my neighbor just got a gsxr600 like 6 weeks ago, a 2005, we went riding today and i stopped him at the start of the twisties and gave him the briefing, told him the road was unforgiving and i was gonna go kinda slow the first time so he could get a feel for it then we would go a lil faster, he made it thru the 1st turn on the slow run, i think he got scared and hit the front brake, and then went down in the second turn, hes got not a scratch on him and hes totally uninjured, the wreck was weird his bike ended up totally turned around in a ditch, upright, pretty weird. the clutch lever broke off and his left passenger peg i think caught something and snapped a section out of the subframe. let it be known gixxers have brittle and ****ty subframes. anyone know where we can get a new subframe cheap?

-Drunk

Old 03-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: gixxer down

Sucks about your friend, but I have to ask.......did he ever take a class, or ride before he bought this bike? If not, then I have no sympathy. If yes, then that sucks, and you should have informed him that Gixxers are known to randomly crash when trying to keep up with a Honda.

As to make use of my useless post thus far, I've seen them (cheaper than dealer's) on bikebandit.com, though, they're still freaking expensive. I think ebay is going to have to come back into the equation.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does suck... it all comes down to checking your ego at the garage door when you leave and remebering to ride your ride.

When the wife and I go riding and she's on her bike, I always tell her that sometimes I may forget for a minute that she's behind me and go a little fast for her. But don't let that change her riding at all! I'll come back to my senses in a minute and slow down and wait for her. It's easier for a woman I think. Another dude doesn't want to be considered a wussie or whatever, so they'll ride over their heads.

Well at least he came out of it in good shape. Better a lesson learned and just some cash lost instead of losing your life.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

That does suck... it all comes down to checking your ego at the garage door when you leave and remebering to ride your ride.
I totally agree, but I can't help but feel the constant gixxer bashing (for no valid reason) is just as bad here with some people. I think the *community* should involve motorcyclist, not just Honda riders.

Sorry about the rant, it reminds me of racism sometimes, it gets old reading any type of repeated bashing.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:28 PM

It is not racism, it is profiling and it is still wrong.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

Another dude doesn't want to be considered a wussie or whatever, so they'll ride over their heads.
I am happy to be the wussie, and have been that guy. Group rides should always have meet up points so that
everyone can ride at their own speed, without worrying about getting dropped or lost.

Sorry to hear of another rider down, but glad to hear it wasn't serious

Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 AM

yea i feel pretty bad but it sucks telling someone "dont try to keep up with me" theres really no way to stress how serious that statement is, i was goin about 30mph slower than i usually go to, i think he just messed up somehow but hes fine, no scratches or anything broken