Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Some quotes i found

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some quotes i found

“I’d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.”
“Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.”
“You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience…
The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.”
“Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.”
“A cold hamburger can be reheated quite nicely by strapping it to an exhaust pipe and riding forty miles.”
“Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.”
“Keep your bike in good repair: Motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking.”
“The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.”
“If you don’t ride in the rain, you don’t ride.”
“Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.”
“Well-trained reflexes are quicker than luck.”
“Sometimes the best communication happens when you’re on separate bikes.”
“When you’re riding lead, don’t spit.”
“Safety is a cheap and effective insurance policy.”
“Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.”
“If you ride like there’s no tomorrow, there won’t be.”
“If you really want to know what’s going on, watch what’s happening at least five [vehicles] ahead.”
“If the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them.”
“A friend is someone who’ll get out of bed at 2 am to drive his pickup to the middle of nowhere to get you when you’re broken down.”
“If she changes her oil more than she changes her mind, follow her.”
“If you want to get somewhere before sundown, you can’t stop at every tavern.”
“A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel.”
“Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don’t. Some can’t.”
“Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and lived.”
Notable People:
“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death…” - Hunter Thompson
“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.” - Ernest Hemingway
“A zest for living must include a willingness to die.” - R.A. Heinlein
“People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it’s safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.” - Alexei Sayle
“I carry groceries home on the tank of my motorcycle.” - Stephan Jenkins
“If I’m out trail-riding, I have a favorite motorcycle. Riding on the road, I’ve got a favorite.
If I’m jumping, I have a favorite, and if I’m racing, I have a favorite.” - Evel Knievel
“Riding a motorcycle on today’s highways, you have to ride in a very defensive manner. You have to be a good rider and you have to have both hands and both feet on the controls at all times.” - Evel Knievel
“When I was 21, I got into a motorcycle accident while traveling in Europe and I had to lie around a lot in the aftermath, which was really the first time in my life that I became really focused and inspired to write.” - Chantal Kreviazuk
“And I to my motorcycle Parked like the soul of the junkyard Restored, a bicycle fleshed With power, and tore off Up Highway 106 continually Drunk on the wind in my mouth Wringing the handlebar for speed Wild to be wreckage forever.” - James Dickey
"let the ignorance die with the ignorant" Tahoe SC

Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Some quotes i found

my quote...
"let the ignorance die with the ignorant"

Old 06-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some quotes i found

“People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it’s safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.” - Alexei Sayle

That has to be one of the best quotes ever.