Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So Much For The Good Samaraitan Law

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:22 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So Much For The Good Samaraitan Law

ORIGINAL: doogstar

Last Feb Me and the Fam went to the beach o nthe North Shore of The Island. Huge mistake. I forgot how big the waves were on this side. My wife and 3 year old decided to stay on the beach, whle me and my 10 year old had a grand ole time with the big waves. Anyway, the undertow was deadly, and if you werent a strong swimmer, you didnt belong there. Me and my daughter were having a blast fighting the rip tide, when I hear my wife scream, baby, help her!!! Some tourist, with hr two teenage daughters was getting toppled, and her daughter couldnt help her, so I ran out there and grabbed her, and pulled her back to shore. The waves were so powerful, they just kept her from getting up, and knocked her top off in the process. It all happened so fast. When I saw why my wife was screaming, everything went blank and silent. All I was thinking was to help that lady. If she were to drown in the process, so be it. At least I dont have to go through life wondering if I could have saved her. I saved another woman that same day also. Yeah, sometimes the laws can be bs, but sometimes when instinct kicks in, you have no choice. Same thing as beating a murder charge for a crime of passion.
Integrity and honor above all else brother I've had a few bad experiences over at K bay from the rip tied hard water is no place for the amateur thank God you were around
BTW
let's see thatSmokey bear lol

Old 12-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Gville George

I am torn on this one.

on the one hand, people shouldn't be discouraged from helping others.

on the other hand, she made a dumb call moving her, especially the way she went about it.

You don't just YANK people out of cars that wrecked, yeh they are going to leak **** and smoke, they tend to do that when you run into trees, if it is actually on fire, yes yank, but otherwise chill the F#@K out and think.

people need to learn something called good judgment, and realize that they are a accountable for their actions, it just sucks it takes laws to do that.
Great post, and I totally agree. Not every topic is totally left or right. There is a valid middle ground.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hoshino

Texas is accused of stereotypes, California goes out of it's way to exacerbate them.
That's funny, I'm in Austin. It's full of Californians that want to be Texans. It sure as hell isn't like real Texas.