Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So Much For The Good Samaraitan Law

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: So Much For The Good Samaraitan Law

This is just the continuing downward spiral of courts trying to do too much. I maintain that the Good Samaritan laws must have some guidelines ... and think the govt should show as many commercials for that as they do the digital TV crap. But the courts entertain stupid arguments over things no one can say for certain. I do not know if you can judge what 'could have happened' in a lot of circumstances. Similar in my mind to the over abundance of malpractice litigation. Somebody needs surgery ... if something goes wrong it is a slam dunk for a trial lawyer. I do not know when it became common to think surgery was automatic every time. When I was a kid you avoided surgery like the plague because stuff happened and you knew there were inherent risks. Now, not so much ...

Old 12-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too believe that surgery is often performed which is unneccessary.
Surgeons make an inordinate amount of money, no mandatory retirement that I know of, so they can go on chopping people open until they get tired of it. Costs of operations are also escalated out of all proportion due to the malpractice insurance doctors have to carry to protect against ridiculous claims.
At the end of the day, the only ones who score, win lose or draw are the lawyers !

Old 12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and people wonder why nobody helps anymore....

Old 12-19-2008, 11:17 AM

I am torn on this one.

on the one hand, people shouldn't be discouraged from helping others.

on the other hand, she made a dumb call moving her, especially the way she went about it.

You don't just YANK people out of cars that wrecked, yeh they are going to leak **** and smoke, they tend to do that when you run into trees, if it is actually on fire, yes yank, but otherwise chill the F#@K out and think.

people need to learn something called good judgment, and realize that they are a accountable for their actions, it just sucks it takes laws to do that.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:48 AM

This kind of BS makes me want to invent a time machine...not to prevent accidents but to allow people to change one decision they made in life.Sort of like a mulligan. In this case it would allow the woman to administer first aid in place and when the bitch was paralysed anyway she couldnt sue.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should have never got into the car with the driver to begin with, she sued his *** too, what a friend. walk your *** home biatch!

Old 12-20-2008, 12:57 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

its CA. Let it sink into the ocean.
If it does I hope a big *** wave washes over Texas[:'(]

Old 12-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texas is accused of stereotypes, California goes out of it's way to exacerbate them.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:48 AM
RCR

Ya were are pretty F-up'd here. Hell were going bankrupt anyways, maybe we will just move out to your neck of the woods. Whats our population agian? we can spread our ideals and wacked philosoyphy thru out the lands

Old 12-20-2008, 04:02 AM

Last Feb Me and the Fam went to the beach o nthe North Shore of The Island. Huge mistake. I forgot how big the waves were on this side. My wife and 3 year old decided to stay on the beach, whle me and my 10 year old had a grand ole time with the big waves. Anyway, the undertow was deadly, and if you werent a strong swimmer, you didnt belong there. Me and my daughter were having a blast fighting the rip tide, when I hear my wife scream, baby, help her!!! Some tourist, with hr two teenage daughters was getting toppled, and her daughter couldnt help her, so I ran out there and grabbed her, and pulled her back to shore. The waves were so powerful, they just kept her from getting up, and knocked her top off in the process. It all happened so fast. When I saw why my wife was screaming, everything went blank and silent. All I was thinking was to help that lady. If she were to drown in the process, so be it. At least I dont have to go through life wondering if I could have saved her. I saved another woman that same day also. Yeah, sometimes the laws can be bs, but sometimes when instinct kicks in, you have no choice. Same thing as beating a murder charge for a crime of passion.

Quick Reply: So Much For The Good Samaraitan Law