Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is there a single car that looks good and gets good mileage? AND doesn't cost a ton?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a single car that looks good and gets good mileage? AND doesn't cost a ton?

So... My Trans Am drinks too much gas. 5.7 with a 6 speed.. lots of fun, but too costly.
Now, theres a 50% chance I'll be selling this car to one of my friends in the next couple weeks, and I'm looking for something that doesn't cost me nearly 70 dollars a week. (When I'm not riding my bike)
First, I think "hey I'll just get a newer firebird but this time a 6 cyl."

My TA is a 96, and I was thinking of doing a firehark clone with a 99 or 2000 firebird. Then I come to find out the 6 cylinder cars get like 2 more MPG's. WTF.

I'll be driving that thing a lot harder due to the lost engine size, and in the end, there probably wont be much of a difference.

Now I'm looking all over craigslist (don't want to do ebay.. gotta see it and drive it first) and everything that I will be able to afford by selling my current car ($6,000 and less) is garbage and ugly.

Are there good looking cars that get good mileage? Or is it just a tradeoff?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Default RE: Is there a single car that looks good and gets good mileage? AND doesn't cost a ton?

Get a Prelude! 3rd or 5th gen.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Is there a single car that looks good and gets good mileage? AND doesn't cost a ton?

ORIGINAL: flashman

Holy hell I know what I'm going to do.
You are right, those aren't too ugly after some modification, that is. I found one with a little rust, a smashed up bumper and 112k miles for a hair under 4 thousand. I might be able to talk him down to 3500. 400 dollar shipped body kit and some paint done by me, and some rims from my buddy and I'll be happy as a clam. Thank you!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^^ Please tell me you are joking

Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

^^ Please tell me you are joking
Was the sarcasm that subtle? Sorry bout that... been up since 4am, kinda tired.
I want something that looks good, and is good on gas. Maybe I'll put an F3 engine in a camaro. lol

Old 06-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Dear God, stop him! HP & MPG will never go together...just quit. If you think you will hammer a 6 cyl because it's not an 8 than get the 8 and save yourself the respect and dignity of rebuilding the d@mn 6 you blew up! I won't go into compression, torque, and hp so much. I will say you only get 2 mpg better in a 6 as opposed to 8 because it takes so much more to move it with a 6. You might get 2 more on the highway, but city driving you will lose, and never go uphill...lol!

By the wa that 5.7 is the ****! I love GM and Chevy, motors last forever. Build it like you want it, because with gas prices now...no one else will. Othe than me and some other idiots who love pure ****ing power!

good luck my friend!

wildcard

Old 06-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Default RE: Is there a single car that looks good and gets good mileage? AND doesn't cost a t

ORIGINAL: ta8218

You are right, those aren't too ugly after some modification, that is. I found one with a little rust, a smashed up bumper and 112k miles for a hair under 4 thousand. I might be able to talk him down to 3500. 400 dollar shipped body kit and some paint done by me, and some rims from my buddy and I'll be happy as a clam. Thank you!
You know what, screw you. You asked and I gave you what are great looking cars with good gas milage. Get yourself a damn Focus if you want to stay American, you are still an idiot to think you will get good gas milage and HP from American cars. I forgot that only hondas are riced out POS huh. You never see American cars that way oh no. F you and your narrow minded POS thinking.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 PM

I think I missed something!

wildcard

Old 06-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go grand prix with a 3800. It will get 28 or so and doesn't look bad. You should stay american because I like my job! The 3800 gets great gas milage. It is also one of the best motors ever made. I think mini are awesome butmost people don't.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Default RE: Is there a single car that looks good and gets good mileage? AND doesn't cost a t

ORIGINAL: ta8218

You know what, screw you. You asked and I gave you what are great looking cars with good gas milage. Get yourself a damn Focus if you want to stay American, you are still an idiot to think you will get good gas milage and HP from American cars. I forgot that only hondas are riced out POS huh. You never see American cars that way oh no. F you and your narrow minded POS thinking.
Eh... ok?
That wasnt exactly what I was saying. I didn't say I wanted to stay American. Did I say I wanted to retain power? I said I would be more of a lead foot with the firebird cause it's a smaller engine moving the same car. I don't have anything against honda, they make a great vehicle (I ride one). When they do it to american cars, they dont look riced out, they look straight up retarded. I'm not that narrow minded btw.. Really, in the end I just meant that after all the work and money, in order to make it somewhat good looking for a low price I'll end up having to buy a car with damage, buy crappy fiberglass parts from ebay, do the work in my garage, and end up *hopefully* even with what I sold the TA for. Kinda turns out to be a hell of a project just to get something half way good looking for cheap.
You don't have to get all defensive...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is there a single car that looks good and gets good mileage? AND doesn't cost a ton?