Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I made this bet...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DammitMike
Honestly, I think you're boss may have been helping at first. Sure, it's embarassing that he is loud and obnoxious about trying to get girls to go out with you, but it breaks the ice and it sort of worked on the gas station girl. Even if it didn't work out dating wise, who knows if you would have actually pulled a number without him jumping in.

If your boss keeps telling girls about the bet then use it against him. When your boss isn't paying attention, tell one of them you'll split the $200 with her if she plays along. $100 each, get to throw it in your boss' face, and you might even have a good enough time to spark more dates. Great story for the grandkids right there.
Exactly, it really is a good ice breaker. He started calling himself the worlds best wingman after that. And we agreed that I couldn't split it with the girl, he already caught me trying to pull that.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:50 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by CSXfan
Just met a girl at Mcdonalds (haha), she told me to write my number down and she would give me a call...I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.
PM me your number. I will give you a call

Old 06-10-2011, 06:15 PM

Easy - pay a hooker 50 bucks to go on a date with you (I imagine you could negotiate this down some). Spend another 50 on the date and you still make at least 100 bucks profit.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting short term solutions, but, I gotta say it. I met my wife (of 11 years) on matchmakers.com 12 years ago. I'm a trim carpenter and didn't do the bar scene meat market. All my friends were married, altogether a tough scene to work with.

There are a lot of cool girls you can meet this way. May not be love at first, but you can enjoy the company, if you use a little common-sense in your choices and attitude. So I tried it out, met about a dozen different girls (over the carse of a year). Had some interesting dates, never failed to have fun. Then, WOW! met DD and have never looked back.

Good hunting, Ern

Old 06-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are plenty of free sites on them... okcupid and plentyoffish... I meet creeps off there all the time. You could have been one of my mistakes just as easily as you could be some other girl's mistake. If you are trying to win this 200$ bet, just play the #s game on those 2 free sites... I think it would help if you send them personalized messages instead of just a generic chain message. (I delete those.) Don't come on too strong or be too creepy. I like to talk to guys online as long as I can first... And I don't jump all over giving my digits out. So talk to her first, make her comfortable.. You might have to take her out before the 4th before she commits to seeing you on a holiday. hahaha But yeah...

Oh and........Damn, whoever said take a girl on a $100 date... where do I meet quality guys like that <<? HAHA

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about spending that much money on a first date. After all, you want to keep as much of that 200 bones for yourself for bike parts. But if you want the girl to commit to spending time with you, you might have to tell her your arrangements first. I've had guys say, come over to my house. Uhhh... I don't go to strangers houses.. They can at least take me to dinner. So unfortunately, you might have to let loose of some of that money... Hopefully you can manage to not be too much of a creeper in your messages and figure out an itinerary that accommodates your new lady friend and your pocket book. There's probably a decent sit down restaurant somewhere that isn't a chain... something that is affordable, yet somewhere you wouldn't go everyday... and a nice walk around the beach or whatever...... but nowhere in the middle of nowhere cause that's creepy too! hahahahaha

Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Meggers, you are close to MI. Why don't you go visit him and act like a couple. Then you guys can slipt the $100. lol

Here, safe place to meet for first time is Starbuck. Just because you can sit for long time. And you get there with your own transportation. So it is safer. Guy doesn't have to drop you off.

I don't think there is a magic formula for picking up girls ( or guys) Either you click or not.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:15 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Meggers, you are close to MI. Why don't you go visit him and act like a couple. Then you guys can slipt the $100. lol
i was thinking the same thing.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:19 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Ha ha we might start to have special album called " Meggers meets...." with new pics posted hopefully every 2 weeks for her randevu with other CBRF members.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:17 AM

JP is gonna be so jealous....

Old 06-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL Grand Rapids is pretty close to JP I think he might get jealous if I was hanging out with some other cbrf fellow.... haha

All things considered, this would require a photo application!!

ALSO.................... Speaking of cheesey free dating sites, YOU GUYSSSSSSS.......

Uhm, I just had a MI girl send me a message.. She said something to the effect of: nice to see another female sport bike rider on here... I'm in such and such town not too far from you, if you'd like to hang out.... And it said she was straight........??

What's up with you crazy Michigan folk!!?? haha

You guys need to come down here to the superior state. MI is really cramping my tenticles. haha

Quick Reply: So I made this bet...