Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I left my wife....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So I left my wife....

yea pawn shops suck!!!! but i mean wut else can you do its not like your gonna wear it last time i checked big fancy rings dont fit in gloves lol

Old 06-29-2007, 03:16 PM

I dunno man. I'm young, first off. Second, I have been dating the same girl for 3 years now without any majorissues. But there are 2 things I've noticed from this postand1 thing I have learned outside of this forum.

1) I believe you have some underlying fear of counseling. You're definitely smart form your posts, but after 6 years of time invested now what's another 60 minutes?? Its just a perspective.
2) All the people that thought you were on the right route or had been in a similar situation couldn't even write a complete sentence. No offense to them, honest. But just because they can relate doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. (I don't know if that came out just right, but you're smart enough to catch my drift). If you have to look for others to justification, you are lying to yourself.
3) A good friend of mine was in a some what similar situation with a girl he had proposed to. He was 26 when he called of the engagement after dating a girl for 2.5 years thathe first knew as a friend for at least 5. He was good looking, had a nice job, and liked having fun and thought he shouldn't settle down just yet. He thought there were other girls out there that would make him happier or at least give him a couple good nights. Well about a year and half later, he is back with girl he had broken it off with. He told me one night when we were hanging out that the dating scene is shat. The girls have little morals, they get around, and you can't find out who they really are without investing a lot of time (and money) on dates to find out who they really are. And then once you do, you find yourself comparing them to the one you left.

That’s all I know. But I think you should continue to evaluate. Good Luck no matter what, and I really wish the best to your children.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: JMart

I dunno man. I'm young, first off. Second, I have been dating the same girl for 3 years now without any majorissues. But there are 2 things I've noticed from this postand1 thing I have learned outside of this forum.

1) I believe you have some underlying fear of counseling. You're definitely smart form your posts, but after 6 years of time invested now what's another 60 minutes?? Its just a perspective.
2) All the people that thought you were on the right route or had been in a similar situation couldn't even write a complete sentence. No offense to them, honest. But just because they can relate doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. (I don't know if that came out just right, but you're smart enough to catch my drift). If you have to look for others to justification, you are lying to yourself.
3) A good friend of mine was in a some what similar situation with a girl he had proposed to. He was 26 when he called of the engagement after dating a girl for 2.5 years thathe first knew as a friend for at least 5. He was good looking, had a nice job, and liked having fun and thought he shouldn't settle down just yet. He thought there were other girls out there that would make him happier or at least give him a couple good nights. Well about a year and half later, he is back with girl he had broken it off with. He told me one night when we were hanging out that the dating scene is shat. The girls have little morals, they get around, and you can't find out who they really are without investing a lot of time (and money) on dates to find out who they really are. And then once you do, you find yourself comparing them to the one you left.

That’s all I know. But I think you should continue to evaluate. Good Luck no matter what, and I really wish the best to your children.
All good points, all of which I have been milling over in my mind for what seems to be an eternity. At this point the ball is rolling so-to-speak, and I have no intentions of going back, however I will constantly be searching myself for any bit of love I might still have for my wide, and who know; maybe in a year I'll end up back with her because she really is the one. For now though, I just have the feeling that she isn't and I should actively pursue my happiness. I am scared to death of the dating scene though, I've never actually been on the dating scene...I haven't been single more than 3 weeks since I was 15.... tually been on the dating sceene...

Old 06-29-2007, 07:58 PM

[:@]Guilts hard to deal with. I know you have got a lot on your plate right now but ladies like that are hard to come by. Good luck.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 PM

I told mine three months ago, with my (our)therapists blessings. I lawyered -up and shut up. "Mutually Agreed Divorce" (MAD), it's called. We spent a week splitting the assets, liabilities, and custody 50/50 and walked away from 21 years together. It took three days for the court to decree final ruling. She went to Vegas with her highschool sweetheart, and I came back to the only place I call home. I was my own lawyer and my own mortgage broker. I got a cabin, hooked up the utilities, and have been busy with my five-year-old. Only there is no "me" anymore. I toast. I invisible. I aquaman of lake loser, she played me so bad! It seems I chose to use marriage like I used heroine; asa distraction from the terror of my experiences here, in this life of mine. I "settled" for security.I feel like I'm eighteen again, learnin' how to live in this world of poo. All the old fearsI hid from are still here, waiting for me to face. I'm scared, pooless! Cold, wet, hungry, wounded wild animal that I've become, I still believe in what I did. I had no "choice". She treated me like ****, and I felt like ****.Voodoo-dude is right on target when he mentions the effects of feeling like **** can have on one's relationships with one's true friends. When I read that, I realized I'd Been short-changing my bro's for twenty-odd years. Dat ain't right. I gotta kid now, and he's watching me like a hawk.I can't short-change my son. I may be the biggest mess- up in the world,but I have discovered I have it within my power to be a good father and if that's the only thing I get right in this life, then I'll look Saint Peter in the eye. Hope this info isn't uncool. This forum and my son are all I need right now. I don't feel comfortable, posting this stuff, but underneath all the sophmoric cliche's, this group of gearheads is priceless to me. Pax, G.
"He who hath failed himself, hath failed all. He who hath mastered himself, has mastered all"...(Murshid) Hazrat Inayat Khan.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: JMart

Good point.

2) All the people that thought you were on the right route or had been in a similar situation couldn't even write a complete sentence. No offense to them, honest. But just because they can relate doesn't mean they know what they are talking about.

[sm=lol.gif]

Old 11-26-2008, 09:41 AM

poor kids.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:29 AM

Wtf, I read the first page of this before I realized it a year and a half old.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:36 AM

Pretty good dig thou, wonder how things are lookin now? PM sent

Old 11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thinking the same now, 18 months down the line.

Quick Reply: So I left my wife....