Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

so i have the itch again

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i have the itch again

im thinking about geting another bike. this time im buying it as a toy to take out on weekends and to have fun. not for a dd or other reasons.i feel like last time i got a nice bike but i jump the gun and got ripped off on the price. i really leanred alot from the bike interms of how to ride and what mistakes not to make and what to look for when buying a bike. i want another 600 is was more then enogh bike for me im thinking about another f4i or maybe a RR but leaning pretty heavily to an f4i. the big thing about me geting another bike right now is if i get this new job which from what im being told i probly will it just takes for ever for them to start you.

here is the big question though if i wait till fall am i gona find better deals then i will this summer? i want to try and get the best deal i can while geting a good bike.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Default RE: so i have the itch again

You just have to keep your eyes open for private party sales and don't jump on the first one you find. Might take you till fall or maybe just a month. Your time will come again, just research local papers, craigslist, and word of mouth...

Old 03-27-2008, 09:37 AM

depends are you buying new? or used? and what are you looking at? i have bought 4 bikes now, and just bought my first new bike in feb. its always a pain in the ***..

Old 03-27-2008, 10:09 AM

Fall and winter is the best time of the year to get deals since most people want a new bike in the spring and don't want to store them all winter. Dealers want to move bikes in the slow season so they are more willing to deal and run sales. Craigslist is a great place to find bikes around here.

I think my next bike will be a F4i since I love my F4, but want FI. I just don't like the looks of the F4i, but you can have it all.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:31 AM

well im deffinetly gona get a used bike. im more concerened about geting a good deal on a good bike. i really dont want to mess around with fixing stuff this time so i rather spend more and get something decent then spend less on something im gona have to fix and put money in any way.

so far the im interest in f4i, the new style rr and the the one before it. i had an f4i and loved it, it did every thing i wanted and then some. 600cc had more then enogh power and speed for me.

i got to say the f4is really droped in price the last 2 years. so im pretty much thinking im gona get the best deal on an f4i towards fall im just wondering how much if im only gona save 200-300 bucks its really not worth my while to wait that long if im gona save 500+ then its worth my while

Old 03-29-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

Fall and winter is the best time of the year to get deals since most people want a new bike in the spring and don't want to store them all winter. Dealers want to move bikes in the slow season so they are more willing to deal and run sales. Craigslist is a great place to find bikes around here.

+1 to this

If you're uncertain about your current work, just lay low for a while. Fall and winter are best. There'll be plenty of dudes willing to unload for cheap in November, December, January.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

While i agree with the above about getting the best deal in the fall, there are not usually as many bikes available at that time of year. If you stay with private seller you can get a good deal in the spring too, lot of guys wanna unload quick so they can get their new bike for summer, so you can still get a good deal. I would stay far away from dealers, or retail in the spring though, they will maul you with prices. Just some more food for thought. Best of luck bro.