Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

musician itch......

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default musician itch......

so when i was about 18-20 i used to play bass guitar. i wasnt great, and my guitar was cheap, but nice looking and played well but i learn a few songs and played etc. at the time i didnt have much time to play, and needed money, so i sold the guitar and amp back to the music store where i bought it. it was a Squire bass, and Peavey 15" combo box iirc.....so obviously i wasn't into it big or anything.

for about 3 months or more now ive had this itch to get a bass guitar and small amp and play/practice. its weird but cant stop thinking about it. seems everywhere i turn is see:

bass guitar players online, on tv, etc.
commericals for musical instruments on the radio, tv, online......(one even saying put down you guitar hero wannabe's and get a real instrument lol)
songs i start listening and hearing the bassline in........
hearing the few old songs i used to play.......
found my old guitar stand and cables when i was putting wood in my basement a couple weeks ago.

the main problem with this is lol the typical, i have no money lol. my wife has been pickign up extra shifts get so we can pay our bills lol.....anyways i just wanted to vent to the musicians i know that are on here that i have the itch lol....

Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Default RE: musician itch......

I know about the itch, I've been playing guitar for 11 years, got my first bass 7 years ago and pretty much stopped playing guitar, I like the bass much more. For the most part bassists don't get they're deserved credit. Creating a unique bass line to me is one of the most difficult parts of a good song and keeps things different.
I've been playing bass with a band locally for about 5 years now, Acetylene. We are currently in the pre-recording process of our next CD, finishing up the song arrangments and setting up all the recording gear for the long haul of getting things tracked and try to get people to listen.
Check some of it out, www.myspace.com/acetyleneburn

Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 AM

cool, i checked out the pic of you playing bass......your screen name here suddenly clicked lol, i never really pay close attention to what names mean at first lol.....

thats a sweet looking bass man....

Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Thanks, Cort Curbow 5 string, playing through SWR 900 watt head & David Eden 4x10 cab. Going to expand and get a 1x15 or 1x18 sub cab for that real low end. We'll be posting new music as soon as we get some stuff recorded. The new stuff is more like the song Something Real, we are now a 3 piece and the older songs with poor sound quality were recorded when we we're a 4 piece. The new stuff is much heavier & melodic.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find something laying around that you don't need and post it up in the barter section of craigslist. I buy and sell basses and guitars there like crazy.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:09 AM

i use craigslist all the time, but up here in maine, there aren't a ton of people when you narrow categories down that far....

i have been admiring all your guitars X its amazing the stuff you have, id love to hear your music sometime.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:11 AM

I forget that craigslist isn't as busy other places. Here in Austin there are hundreds of guitars posted pretty much daily.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 AM

theres 2 bass guitars on the first 100 postings of craigslist in maine....found one for $50 bucks....lol but the brand isnt listed (which probably means its a no name brand that i've never heard of) and the picture its hard to tell whether its covered in fingerprints or scratches.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 AM

Hey, we both have cats in our avatars.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:50 AM

yeah but only one of our avatars has a well endowed womans breast half covered.

Quick Reply: musician itch......