Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shipping a bike ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping a bike ?

Hey guys ! How is everyone ? Soooo.... I just wanted to ask. Does anyone have a preferred shipping company they use ? Anyone know of any good deals/discounts or anything ? I may have to ship my old f3 out soon, ans I also need to ship my new f4i to me from the more eastern side of the u.s. to cali. any info is greatly appreciated !!! I'm also thinking of flying out, and riding back for my new bike (the f4i) but I want to compare my choices. So far the average amount I have seen for shipping the bike to cali is from the high $600's to $900 and the most expensive i've seen so far was 1.2k sheesh. Thanks in advance !
-seb

Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM

MAN UP AND RIDE IT ACROSS...

that would be one hell of a trip. Would probably cost you about the same. price tho, anywhere from 500-1k. My cousin had a car shipped before from nevada and it wasnt too expensive for the actual shipping, it was like $390 for the space on the truck, its mostly the fees that added up. Pick up, drive time, fuel surcharge, and to door delivery.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:24 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sound like fun riding back but think about all expenses. Flight ticket one way there, hotel per night when you call it a night, gas, food. Also the what if, rain, road hazard....etc.

I've shipped my bike with JC motorcycle shipping. From Chicago to my front door in SoCal for $725...they are experience. Bike came super fast and safely strap. Driver even call me 30min before showing so I can meet him.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The price range you were quoted is about right. The $725 price estate mentioned is still doable but you'll have to make a reservation in pretty far in advance.

My recommendation is to call your local bike shops & get their opinions & recommendations. They'll know the good reliable companies & approx prices.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by superjuicebox2
Hey guys ! How is everyone ? Soooo.... I just wanted to ask. Does anyone have a preferred shipping company they use ? Anyone know of any good deals/discounts or anything ? I may have to ship my old f3 out soon, ans I also need to ship my new f4i to me from the more eastern side of the u.s. to cali. any info is greatly appreciated !!! I'm also thinking of flying out, and riding back for my new bike (the f4i) but I want to compare my choices. So far the average amount I have seen for shipping the bike to cali is from the high $600's to $900 and the most expensive i've seen so far was 1.2k sheesh. Thanks in advance !
-seb
Hey buddy, i shipped my bike using two companies:-

1. bikeflight
2. Citizenshipper.
or some times use shipmybike

They are best in bike shipping.

Generally, whenever me or my friend ship our bike using bikeflight when we want to ship it international and i think they are one of the best international bike shipping company but when we need to ship inside states we go for Citizenshipper as their service is quiet good in reasonable pricing as their is bidding system on your shipment there. You guys can check their pricing for your bike shipping.

Here is a tip for you:- Always check on your tracking number and give it to the person you are shipping to so they will know when it is coming and the delivery info. That way you can see when they got it and if you have a signature required (there are 3 different signature choices.) who signed for it.

Thanks