Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Shipping your bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping your bike

I am in the process of selling my bike in the hopes of getting a new one (check out the for sale section). Anyway, I may have to ship this across country (as the buyer could be in another state) and want to know if anyone has done this before. I called FedEx and talked to someone in their freight dept who could quote personal rates, and while I understand bikes are not like shipping a normal box across town, it still was way expensive. They quoted around $1350 from Indianapolis to LA. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Default RE: Shipping your bike

dude dont sell it to anybody in a different state.. list it on craigslist and wait..lol.. works every time!

Old 12-13-2006, 01:14 PM

Waiting is a good idea, but if you decide to ship call 888-886-4252 larry @ landstar. Tell him Chad from braxton bragg told you to call you can get an ltl load where they find a flatbed heading that way or direct. I use them to ship granite saws, I don't know how much or if they will but it would be a good place to try.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the advice so far. I will have to see what happens in the next few days.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:46 PM

i shipped mine from the USA to egypt .. in a wood box (they did it profesionaly) i paid 1500$>>> container + wood box but that company doesnt do nation wide transportation but here is a link of a transportation company u might be intersted in http://www.enclosedvehicletransport.com/

Old 12-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, its anything but cheap. have you put it on craigslist? have you had any interest locally?

Old 12-13-2006, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the additional info on shipping and listing. Haven't listed anywhere else yet, just here on the forum. But I'm certain, if it comes down to it, I will use the paper (Indianapolis Star). They actually have great classifieds.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:45 PM

like said above, try and sell it locally first....BUT if you sell it to someone out of your area just make sure the buyer knows " BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING"......I did this with a car i sold on ebay.... i live in NY and the guy that bought it was in Cali. , all i did was give him an address of where the car was and he handled the rest...

Old 12-13-2006, 09:09 PM

http://www.funtransport.com/

Try these guys. Haven't used them, but I think the Honda Riders Club recommends them.

Good luck,
Chris

Quick Reply: Shipping your bike