Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Seeking Guidance on Handling a Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 04:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Guidance on Handling a Speeding Ticket

Hello all, So I regrettably bought my first dashing ticket recently, 80/65. I generally dont velocity ever however I simply desired to get domestic & there werent many ppl on the fwy. Still my fault & wont do it again. The cop was once high-quality and stated Ill most possibly get visitors school. I clearly dont prefer to take any possibilities with warfare it as it used to be my fault. I dont sincerely have every body to ask about what I need to do next. When I go to court docket do I plead responsible & pay a best then do the visitors school? Im surely overwhelmed with everything. Can anyone suggest me? Access NJMCDirect, search for ticket by license plate nj & pagar ticket online nj en españo by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission all available in en español with easy login options

Last edited by NataileJackson; 12-09-2023 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by NataileJackson
Hello all, So I regrettably bought my first dashing ticket recently, 80/65. I generally dont velocity ever however I simply desired to get domestic & there werent many ppl on the fwy. Still my fault & wont do it again. The cop was once high-quality and stated Ill most possibly get visitors school. I clearly dont prefer to take any possibilities with warfare it as it used to be my fault. I dont sincerely have every body to ask about what I need to do next. When I go to court docket do I plead responsible & pay a best then do the visitors school? Im surely overwhelmed with everything. Can anyone suggest me?
Cor blimey, I’d forgotten quite how different the English and American languages are - I think I understood about half of that.

However, assuming that your Visitor’s School is akin to our Speed Awareness Course I’d grab it with both hands if it’s offered - an hour or two in a classroom being told what you already know is way better than points on your licence.

Old 12-07-2023, 11:30 AM
Received 392 Likes on 354 Posts

Research if you're able to plead case for reduced fines AND take school as well? Perhaps quick consult with barrister may yield some options.

In CA, that used to be available. But they locked it down. Now you can either go to trial for case, OR plead guilty, accept full-price fine and take school.

Trick is that even with reduced fine, you'll be dinged point on licence. Which may drive up insurance prices. And in many cases, if you get more than certain # of points in 1-year period, licence may be suspended. Taking school might cost more, but keeps points off licence.

Old 12-07-2023, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 315 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Harris
Cor blimey, I’d forgotten quite how different the English and American languages are - I think I understood about half of that.

However, assuming that your Visitor’s School is akin to our Speed Awareness Course I’d grab it with both hands if it’s offered - an hour or two in a classroom being told what you already know is way better than points on your licence.
That isn't typical American English. Looking at the OPs profile, they are from the Virgin Islands. But even at that, the lexicon is significantly different.

Having said all that, I agree. Go to school and deal with it that way. It's cheaper in the long run.

The following 2 users liked this post by hamlin6:
dannoxyz (12-07-2023), Ed Harris (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 05:22 PM
Received 392 Likes on 354 Posts

Mixture of Dutch & English, eh?

Old 12-07-2023, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 315 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by dannoxyz
Mixture of Dutch & English, eh?
Maybe. I am a little curious to be honest.