Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sea Foam

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Foam

Has anyone ever used this stuff in their motorcycle? Im thinking about adding some into my fuel tank to clean my carbs and fuel lines.

Anyone have directions on how to use this stuff?

I heard that you can even put this is in the transmission (motor oil)?!

Thanks!

Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 AM

i used a full can in about 3 fill ups. i mean its alright but i never really got to know if it really cleaned the carbs n jets n shyt.too lazy to take off the carbs again haa. it seemed like it was running better, but i can have the same feeling throwing in some octane booster.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I've used it on my F4i when the the bike started surging a bit and it stopped, Ive always heard good things about it.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:11 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seafoam and brand name injector cleaners are good and work reasonably well. If you have tremendous gunk in the carbs or injectors don't expect a miracle, but they are good for keeping things running clean.

However, octane boosters are a complete ripoff.

1) read the label. they might boost the octane in your bike (5 gals) by .1 --- so if you're running 93 gas you are suddenly boosted to 93.1 maybe 93.2
2) unless your bike is pinging (pre-detonating) then you don't need extra octane anyway

Old 05-22-2009, 04:46 PM

I got a response from a Sea Foam Sales Rep for some technical questions I had. Hope this helps some folks.

Thank you for you buying Sea Foam. I am sure you will be pleased.

Understand one important thing first - Sea Foam is a 100% pure petroleum product, so it is very - very safe to ALL engines and will clean gums and varnishes, remove moisture, and lubricate. It will stabilize fuels and allows you to burn away carbon deposits.

Putting Sea Foam into the gas tank, the tank can be empty or full. Because it is a 100% pure petroleum product it will mix. I prefer it to be empty so it mixes when you fill it, but there is really no difference.

Because Sea Foam is a 100% Pure Petroleum product, if you use a little more - NO problem. You actually could use 50 % Sea Foam, but that would be a waste.

If you put Sea Foam (or any fuel treatment) in the fuel tank, YES - it should be run at least long enough for it to deliver "treated" fuel to the entire system - 10 - 15 minutes should be sufficient.

You can use Sea Foam in every tank I do in my old car. Because Sea Foam Stabilizes fuel also, and you do not know how long the fuel will be in the tank, so, yes , you can treat every tank - I would.

Yes, Sea Foam is a cleaner, and the entire fuel system from tank, lines, manifolds, heads, valves, and pistons all get "Treated" fuel. It will clean everything as you drive.

Sea Foam was designed for one pint to treat from eight gallons ( heavy concentration) to 25 gallons ( light concentration) or for an average concentration of one ounce per gallon. you are looking at a one gallon gas tank (?), so I would use it every tank.

Gas is the problem, so we have to melt and burn away their deposits.

I hope this answers all your questions, if not let us know.

Dale C. Lackore
National Sales Manager
Sea Foam Sales Company
(952)938-4811

Old 05-23-2009, 09:54 PM

I use in all my vechiles. Stuff works good. It has gotten pricy though, I use Lucas products too. Lucas makes great stuff.