Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Scooter Salute

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooter Salute

These lil things are popping up everywhere like a bad case of herpes everywhere i turn my head i see a damn scooter and while im sitting at the light today in full gear burning up here come a posse of scooters like 4 deep actually thinking they have something revving there lil 49cc to sh*t then as they pass im laughing my butt off and here they go trying to give me the biker salute call me what you want i just find it annoying imma snap some pics tomorrow dont let me get started on where theres two of them on one scooter!!!! No helmet or Nothing required for them in ct!!!!!!

Now do you salute them>>??

Old 05-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually dont givethem the wave, Especially when I saw a pink go by me with this skinny high school chick and her man riding bitch both with bicycle helmets on

Old 05-31-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by AlexF4i227
i turn my head i see a damn scooter No helmet or Nothing

Name:  f781de4a.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  35.7 KB

Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM

if she is wearing a skirt, I try to get them to race me

Old 05-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meh, no harm in giving them the wave. So long as it's 2 wheels I don't really discriminate. Those guys who ride those 4-wheeled do-hickies, though... Now THOSE guys really rattle my cage.

I once had a guy who gave me the "biker salute" while crossing the street in front of me and giving me this hardcore stare the whole time, well, he did that dropping two fingers to the side thing if that's what you're referring to.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make good sense for city/burb riding, its nothing new, lots of them in 60's & 70's but it ended up being cheaper at the time to buy a Jap step through. Now there is a sh*t load of scooters coming from Korea, China & Japan as well as Italy.
Always thought that the design of Vespa's & Lambretta's where pretty cool & stylish & some of the afore mentioned countries are making pretty good copies, (but they just don't seem to be able to get the colours right) The Italian ones certainly are a fashion statement by some of the riders out there.
I don't mind them, good on em for choosing two wheels.
For those who don't like them, you can always get a few of the lads together & go down & throw the buggers off a pier.

Name:  mods-vs-rockers.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  46.4 KB

Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by raylee
I once had a guy who gave me the "biker salute" while crossing the street in front of me and giving me this hardcore stare the whole time, well, he did that dropping two fingers to the side thing if that's what you're referring to.
Maybe he was a rider, off his bike?

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i

Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by AlexF4i227
These lil things are popping up everywhere like a bad case of herpes everywhere i turn my head i see a damn scooter and while im sitting at the light today in full gear burning up here come a posse of scooters like 4 deep actually thinking they have something revving there lil 49cc to sh*t then as they pass im laughing my butt off and here they go trying to give me the biker salute call me what you want i just find it annoying imma snap some pics tomorrow dont let me get started on where theres two of them on one scooter!!!! No helmet or Nothing required for them in ct!!!!!!

Its happening in my area too! They're everywhere.

Quick Reply: Scooter Salute