Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Scary weekend - Ever had your Exhaust fall off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scary weekend - Ever had your Exhaust fall off?

So I'm coming up the highway this weekend to end the weekend out - just got up on the highway doing 55mph in the slow lane and out of the blue I hear this loud *kathunk* --- *SSSSccccccccrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaappppppp" I'm like WTF? I quickly slow and pull off to the shoulder and six feet from where I end up stopping my bike gets really loud so I hit the kill switch - I'm thinking what happend? Flat tire? Blown engine? A thousand things run through my mind. I turn around and look behind me to find my exhaust pipe had disconnected six feet away from where I had stopped. The upper tail mount bracket had sheard clean through dropping the pipe to a 90* angle at the slip joint and dragging along side the bike - I turns out when the previous owner laid the bike down he had bent the exhaust bracket and bent it back causing a stress fracture in the aluminum bracket. I didn't think much of it as I was going to replace the bracket this week any way - Converting from a TwoBros High pipe to a standard mount - When it happened I was doing 55mph on the highway (so at least I was not flying along) and I was in the slow lane so it was quick to stop on the shoulder. Talk about a pucker factor...... So word to the wise - if you have a Two Brothers Exhaust with High pipe and you bend your mounting bracket - REPLACE IT....... or you may not be as lucky as I was......

I'm just glad it didn't happen the day before when we where crusing around. I'll have to take some pics this week so you can see what I'm talking about....

Old 05-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Default RE: Scary weekend - Ever had your Exhaust fall off?

damn, that's crazy! never heard of an exhaust falling off the bike before (maybe harleys)

Old 05-16-2006, 06:43 PM

I've lost two mirrors. I've lost a side fairing (damn f*cking piece of sh*t fiberglass, I'll get to that in another post) but no, I've never lost my exhaust. What did you do? Take it home or leave it in the road.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:28 AM

Let it cool before picking up or you may get burnt.... Sorry