Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

scary sight today....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default scary sight today....

bit of a reality check....

while at work today i noticed traffic backing up outside as i heard numerous police cars/ambulances going by. apperantly RIGHT PAST the enterence to my work there was a motorcycle accident. what i've learned so far is that a tire bounced out of the back of a pickup truck and as he made an attempt to avoid it he swerved offroad and struck something.

at the time i had no idea what it was....just assumed a car accident b/c it happens so often on that road. i saw the medivac circling (NEVER GOOD!) and he landed in a field next to where i work. shortly after thata roll-back went by w/ a motorcycle on the back, laying on its side. what a freaky sight to see.......now knowing that the man being loaded into the helicopter was a "fellow rider". what makes it worse is that it was a harley.......in my area about 90% of them wear half helmets and no gear. so i could only imagine what his face and skin looked like.

on a side note, on my way home from work i was clocked doing 73 in a 55 by a cop dressed in all black sitting in the shade under a sign in a lawnchair. i saw him at the last minute as he was dressed in all black. i saw him raise the gun and get on his radio. i knew he had clocked me and that there would be a cop ahead waiting. i slowed down, saw the cop ahead and just pulled right over, kickstand down, bike off, and put my hands in plain sight on the tail of the bike behind me. he was polite, and couldnt have been any nicer. asked all the normal stuff and where i work. i told him and he asked me if i heard about what happened up there today, i told him yes and that i hope the guy is going to be ok. he went to his car and spent the normal 25mins in there, lol. came back w/ a warning and told me to please be safe out there and slow it down just a hair. i thanked him for going easy on me and told him have a nice day aswell.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: scary sight today....

yea mang...be careful out there...

i once ran into a tarp flapping on the freeway at 75mph...i lived...too much ****e on the road these days.

congrats on getting out of the tix...it's always nice isn't it?

Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, well I wish the best for the guy that wrecked. Flight for life is not a great sign...better that a coroner thou.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:44 PM

yeah, thanks tahoe. i do my fair share of speeding and well aware of the consiquences. i was ready for a ticket but was suprised when he handed me the warning.

and that sucks about the tarp! people need to make sure their **** is properly secured.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM

I hate hearing about wrecks. In Wisconsin there is no helmet law so when Harleys crash they die, or get f'd up.

As for getting pulled over you did the right thing. I have never gotten a ticket before. I think it has to do with my polite attitude, and cooperation.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM

yeah i know quite a few people who would rather run so i guess they are pleased when you just pull right over. i also like to keep my hands in plain view and make them well aware im not going ANYWHERE.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Retired Moderator

Folks who run give all of us a bad name. You did good, J. Sometimes it is hard to keep the hand off that throttle. I always catch myself and have to slow down. Stuff in the road...damn! You just have to expect that the unusual is going to happen and stay well back from the vehicle infront of you (if possible). Harley dudes around here are the same...brain bucket, shades, and their leather vests. Hate to see ANY rider go down!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:21 PM

^ yeah i hear ya. just was a weird feeling watching that medivac helicopter fly over knowing there was a rider down, in bad enough condition that he was flown to shock trauma, in there fighting for his life and im sure (given the gear they wear here) was in bad shape.