Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

On a scale of 1 to 10...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: On a scale of 1 to 10...

7-8

I love my job and the company I work for.
I have a roof over my head.

I can use improvements in keeping myself organized
It would be nice to have that special someone in my life, but it's not a requirement.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Oh and X sorry to dump in your thread. I know how you feel in general about this kind of thing. If you want mine deleted just pm me.
I asked an honest question and you gave a sincere answer. No complaints from me at all. I just hope things get better soon.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Retired Moderator

I have not achieved nirvana and dont believe there is a "10" in this life time. If there where, then we belong in the next life at the next level (if you believe in that sort of thing). I give it a 5 (plus or minus 2 depending) .. whenever I see how bad others have it in countries without freedom or watch cops or Jerry springer it goes up 2 .. when I see how much more I could be doing with my life - volunteering, helping, etc.. - it goes down 2 ... but I*m fine with a 5 because I firmly believe happiness comes only when you are trying harder and harder to achieve perfection (which does not exist but the attempt towards it is what creates the happiness ... e.g. the journey, not the destination).

Sorry to go all Oprah up in here X but my clear consciousness revelations are far and few in between and I had to get it out while it lasted.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TK you want to move to florida with me? Sounds like you need a LONG vacation

honestly right now i have to say 9.9! Im alive, living my life, and not really giving a **** about how much **** sucks around me. I have recently let go of all my problems and quit caring. I have myself, and that is all i need. I wake up in the morning and wonder "how am i going to improve myself today" rather than "god i wish i could just sleep the rest of my life away" like i used to. Im just keepin on keepin on as joe dirt would say.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

This is stupid....anything above an 8, and you're damn full of yourself. Anything below 3, and you're emo.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 PM

shirt, maybe some people just like what they have and where they are. I could ask for a lot more, but i dont need it, i have a bike, truck, apt, food, money, able to help people, health, school, everything. How does that not deserve above an 8?I have plenty of problems, but they are nothing compared to what i have and what i have seen other people suffer through.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

This is stupid....anything above an 8, and you're damn full of yourself. Anything below 3, and you're emo.
Sounds like you need to get over yourself. Pee in someone elses thread.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Sounds like you need to get over yourself. Pee in someone elses thread.
Wait...no urinals in here? damn it.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 PM

am i the only one surprised at some of the numbers?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

Because to submit that you are that close to perfect (ie 9 out of 10) is to say that you have hardly any flaws.Say what you will, but we all have more flaws than any of us care to admit. Life is a constant learning experience, and the moment we become too comfortable with who we are is the moment that we stop trying to improve upon ourselves.

Quick Reply: On a scale of 1 to 10...