Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Saved my bikes life today. my turn.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saved my bikes life today. my turn.

just watch happen to joe but to me

ORIGINAL: Joe Rocket

I started my bike up today to go and visit my parents for a bike. I let it war up for about 3-4 min (not that cold out).So when i got to my parents place I jumped off my bike and let it idle for a min while i took my helmet off. Whe i looked down there was a very small puddle of anti-freeze Slowley building up. Uh Oh. I though my engine was toast. Turned out it was a loose ring clamp. I grabbed a 6 mm open ended wrench and gave her about a dozen 1/4 turns. I check out my anti-freeze resevoire and it was about half empty. I toped it off and went for another ride. no more leaks. I personally think I saved me engine because we were planing a 300 km ride this afternoon but it's raining now. Please check your fluids.

i was ganna go to work and i started my bike and after like 10 sec of warming it up it started smoking. and it smelled really bad, i did not know what it was and i shut it off. looked around and nothing started it up again and the smoke slowly went away. so i went to work then came back and took the farings off and looked for anything. then i saw green stuff all over my faring. i saw it was also coming from the hose from the radiator. u can see it from the slot in the left faring. then i tighted it up more, it was not really loose at all. i ran the bike for like 10 min to check for leaks and yup ther gone.

wile i was at it i cleaned and waxed my bike and replaced my windsheld bolts because i also broke one when installing my windsheld a wile back.

now i am happy its running fine and clean

Old 05-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saved my bikes life today. my turn.

Wow, Very simular situation as mine. Good save on you...