Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Satellite radio on your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite radio on your bike?

I have two units right now in vehicles but I would have trouble putting them on a bike because of the antenna and dock.

Now that the price of the portable units has come down because of the potential mergerI was starting to think about getting one to use while riding. (one ear of course) Wondering if anyone else has gotten one and uses it while riding?

If anyone has a regular unit on their bike, how did you hook it up or wire it? (and mount)

Thx.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned
Default RE: Satellite radio on your bike?

Dude, the new portable units use the headphones as antenaes....it's all built in, and they are the size of an iPod.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Dude, the new portable units use the headphones as antenaes....it's all built in, and they are the size of an iPod.
Yea, I realize that some use the headsets as the antenna, but that's kind of hard to use when you wear a helmet.

I have a tank bag and could easily put a small unit in it with the wire coming out but then the antenna would be hidden.

I guess the better question would be to know if anyone does this while wearing a helmet.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned

I'll be watching this thread.....I rock the iPod now, but I'd love to have Howard Stern on my bike with me. I barely touch my car in the summer and don't usually get to keep up with the show.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 AM

I sport the POD over Satellite radio. Ive got it in my truck and Im not a big fan. I wouldnt waste the money.