Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sad story (wal-mart vs disabled woman)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad story (wal-mart vs disabled woman)

Wal-mart is sueing a disable woman..well just watch it..
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...art.update.cnn
what the **** is wrong with this situation..
**** like that really does **** me off.
Am i the only one or is truely mad about this?!?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sad story (wal-mart vs disabled woman)

omg what a story. that family has been through hell and back.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:47 PM

And who was the ******* who sat behind a desk and decided to go after the money?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 PM

Wow...I'm never going to shop at walmart again. I don't care whether it was their legal right or not. You don't do that to a person down on their luck like that. Greedy bastards in walmart should burn in hell.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:18 PM

I dont agree but that is there policy. Like it was said they are being equal to all. The issue is if you allow a special case like this to slide what is going to happen?

Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 PM

thats the problem..she did sign the contract..but the worse part was that it..it was being equal they are allowed to sue..but..its for all?! 470k...wow. BS is all i can say.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OH BULLS**T! This just verifies my hatred towards Wal-Mart. "We wish we could be more flexible..........blah blah blah".........BULLS**T! HUMAN beings wrote the rules, and acting human is the first step in being one. Just because some jackasses wrote a "policy" for Wal-Mart to uphold doesn't mean they can't be "fair" about it and drop the case altogether.

F**K Wal-Mart. I hope they all "burn in hell" as FFCBRF4i put it.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: flashman

I dont agree but that is there policy. Like it was said they are being equal to all. The issue is if you allow a special case like this to slide what is going to happen?

Yup. Pretty much all companies that offer "benefits" use the same rules. Walmart is just gonna get a bad wrap cause they are an "evil" corporation blah blah blah.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: flashman

Dude...there is no standard here. There should probably never be a standard, and I'm speaking in regards to practically everything. It should not be "treat everybody equal". It should be "treat people how the way they should be treated". There's a BIG difference. Rarely should you treat everybody the SAME. This family should have been an exemption.

For example, you have candy to pass out to kids. Each piece of candy contains 1g of sugar. There are 10 kids. You say you will give out 1 piece of candy to each kid. You do so, until you come to the 10th and final kid. Here's this diabetic kid (type 1) coming to you and he's in need of 10g of sugar. You say no. Rules are rules, kid. Here's your candy. The kid dies. You look at your bowl of candy and you had plenty left. Silly example, I know. Nonetheless, it gets my point across.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 PM

there is so much to be said, business is business..even if it does **** someone over...rite aid bought my store out..one of my business i use to own...i decided to sell but i wished i didnt.

Quick Reply: Sad story (wal-mart vs disabled woman)