Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sad night at work....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad night at work....

Im a police officer in my home town and around 10:30 tonight, my partner gets on the radio calling out a crash between a car and atv. He was sitting on the side of the road watching traffic when he noticed 2 atv's, with no lights,pass him.My partnerpulled out and before he even caught up to them, they decide to run a red light at a major intersection. The firstatv made it, but the second, with 3 people on it, was struck by a car on the highway. My partner said, all he saw was the quad and3 bodies go flying. He checked the first girl, but she was killed on impact. The second girl and the boy were flown to the hospital with uknown injuries. All were under 15 years old. And none were wearing helmets. Parents were on scene within minutes. It was a very tragic and emotional scene.

I know it wasn't a bike, but it is somewhat related. The same thing could happen to a bike, and if they had been wearing helmets, they would probably still be here. Please wear your gear.

Also please dont flame my partner for chasing the quads, because in fact he wasn't. He tried to catch up to stop them but before he could even activate his lights, it all happened. The boy on the first quad said they never saw my partner sitting thereso they didnt even know he was behind them.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:10 AM
RCR
Default RE: Sad night at work....

That is terrible, sorry to hear. these kids know not to be on the road and it has cost one life so far. Hope the other two make it.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My heart broke reading this.[sm=smiley19.gif]

My prayers are with all of them.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:09 AM

It is a sad story but dont you feel these kids should have thought about what they were doing? I know at 13-14 if that is about how old these children were I had some sense in me. I dont want to come off as being insincere but I feel these kids should have had some sense as to what they were about to do.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that they were carried away with the moment & having fun. When I was that age I thought dying was something old people did. My heart goes out to their poor parents & the poor bastard that hit them that now has to live with it for the rest of his lives.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Banned

Also please dont flame my partner for chasing the quads
He was 100%right to try and get them off the road, I think that is in the definition of 'to protect and serve'. I'm glad it wasn't me that crashed into and killed the rider.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

I think that they were carried away with the moment & having fun. When I was that age I thought dying was something old people did. My heart goes out to their poor parents & the poor bastard that hit them that now has to live with it for the rest of his lives.
Btw- The car that hit them was driven by a 17 year old girl. She too, is very young and has to live with this the rest of her life, and she did nothing wrong. It hit my partner pretty hard as well. He just couldn't believe that it happened right in front of him.

Heres a lnk to the news story. Not very detailed though.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/15806045/d...l?dl=mainclick

Allso in the link it says it's legal to cross the road on atv's if registered, which is correct. But it's not legal to run a red light. And they were riding right down the middle of the road when they passed my partner.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 AM

Crossing a road and riding down the road are two different things. Ive been stopped by a Statie for road riding. I definately didnt try to run and I respected him for doing his job.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:28 AM

My dick goes out to whoever was driving the atv and decided to not let the passangers off first.