Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Root Canal Work

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Root Canal Work

Got back from the dentist about 3 hours ago, root canal on my right canine (finished).
Doc said it went fine & would be right, no wukkin furries.
Anaesthetic wore off about an hour ago, Jezuz H, feel like I've been hit in the side of my face with a friggin brick (& yes I do know wot that feels like, talk to my brother). Had me dropping the strongest pain killers I could get my hands on (unfortunately over the counter stuff) & it still throbing like buggery. Thats it, just wanted to share the pain, the pain.................

Old 05-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Root Canal Work

Tell me the freakiest thing wasn't watching those long scoopy things go into your mouth and tooth as they dug out the roots.

Root canals suck, but I bet being the cabin boy on a Greek freighter is worse.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Root canals suck, but I bet being the cabin boy on a Greek freighter is worse.

Gay jokes! love 'em...love the gays, too--don't wanna be one--but I do loves them...all different and stylish, charismatic, clean, etiquette-minded, caring, considerate--you know, all the things breeders are not capable of. If only I could be all those things and still love vagina...*sigh* ...which I do, but sometimes, you know, when Fight Club comes on, or Seven, or the Ocean's movies, damn that Brad Pitt...he looks so good just eating Dorito's!

Sorry about the pain pace...SURELY your dental surgeon would be kind enough to write a prescription, no?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 PM

^^^Yeap he was supposed to give a prescription antibiotic, Analgesic and for swolen apical fibers...

If he did not prescribe, whatwas hethinking? [:@][&:]

Old 05-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, had a rough night, even after a couple of beers & a scotch, seems to be settling down to a dull throb. When I went in sat in the dentist chair, his assistant (there always young women aren't they) got all his implements of torture ready & in between proceedures I slipped my tongue over the tooth, yeeck. They don't seem to like dishing out the pain killers over here (we are after all, manly man). Hope its better by tomorrow, cos its my clubs Tamworth run, (& after a week of perfect weather, its of course now raining). I've heard a variation on the Greek freighter joke, but the young boy was a stowaway & had to work his passage home. Thanks for the sympathy.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator

Sorry, Pacey. There is nothing worse than tooth pain, because I have had that experience. The nerves in your toofs have a direct line to your brain. It can break any man down like getting your knee kicked back on itself. How does your Doc not prescribe AT LEAST Vicodine? I called my dentist and told him I had life altering pain, and he prescribed Vics over the phone...ON THE SPOT. He wanted to give me Codeine, but I told him it made my stomach queasy. Done. Call that f_cker you call a dentist, and tell him to get you something better than "Aspirin"! Then, drink a six pack over the top, and you will be waxing philisophical in no time (even more than you already do, oh wise one). You may even discover some tolerance for your loud assed neighbors...

Old 05-16-2008, 01:00 AM

man..i just got done with mine..and it was hell..took 3 trips to the dentist..4 hours each time(slowwww dentist) and it hurt like hell..they gave me motrin and sent me on my way..wouldnt prescribe anything for me..maybe ill knock him in the mouth with a 2x4 and see how he likes it..piece of ****..anyways..it goes away after the first few days..till then take it easy and stay away from noises that sound like drills..it will bring you to your knees

Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 AM

WTF kind ofdentist are you guys going to? are they butchers on a side?... man!, my patients ALWAYS take a prescription for Antibiotics, Analgesics, and an antiswolen medication at least naproxen for before and after treatment (in the case of anything that has or it can result in to aninfection); if you don't take anibiotics the size of the infeccion prior and after the treatment grows and is more painfull, if you reduce the size of the pus, the pain medication will work wonders!

SO it's simple:

Big infection= more pain (need antibiotic, analgesic and anti swolen med.)

Small infection=less pain( can be calmed down even with a sigle 800 motrin but it still needs antibiotics)

IF your dentist does not prescribe that, you will be in pain for a long time.