Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

did a search....which fairings do you have to take off for flushmount installation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did a search....which fairings do you have to take off for flushmount installation?

i have an 06 f4i, and hotbodies flushmounts to install, wondering which fairings i have to take off to get these installed? one guy said the front, one said the side......enlighten me please.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Default RE: did a search....which fairings do you have to take off for flushmount installation?

Just the upper cowl. No side fairing removal required.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Default RE: did a search....which fairings do you have to take off for flushmount installation?

u sure? i hear removing the upper front is a nightmare. i got 2 hours.....enough time?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM

not sure if u can get away with it on the f4i.. but on my 04 rr i removed the side fairings and was able to squeeze them in by sliding my hand thru the front

Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 PM

they didnt come with directions?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 PM

no because they are universal for the f4,f4i, 600rr and 1krr

Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered Users

+1.....you can do everything on just the upper cowl....just take it off and take it inside to a comfy place to sit and work....

just make sure ONE thing...BEFORE you put it back on with the flushmounts and button it all up...plug in the connector, turn on the bike and CHECK the lights....left/right/on/off....NOTHING will **** you off more than fighting it back on (i hate putting on the upper cowl) only to find a wire was not secured and is loose and you have to take it off to fix it....

not like i would know from personal experience....

EDIT:

taking off the front cowl isn't bad...have to remove i think two plastic screws from the inner cowl, remove the 3 screws on either side to free it from the lower fairings...remove the mirrors, and there is one screw in the vent covers at the very front recessed in the opening that needs to come out....after you take those out (10 minutes if that)...all you have to do is unplug the ONE connector and it's free....

that being said...putting it on is a bitch....lining it up with the ducts, etc...it'll fight you a bit....takes probably 30-40 minutes to put on....quicker if you get lucky...but you'll see it's not that bad....plus taking off the stock lights isn't hard....

are you doing running and turns so adding diodes? if so, 2 hours will be cutting it close...if you are only doing turns, then 2 hours should be fine...

Old 05-14-2008, 02:06 PM

ok cowling off, factory directionals off, flushies on, ground wires connected....anyone know which wire is the signal and which is the running light? i just want the signals. one has a stripe and one doesnt

Old 05-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered Users

crap..just did this hold on...i have a pic...

Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered Users

just looked it up in another thread...here is their diagram...i think it's right...98% sure

credit where credit due...

https://cbrforum.com/m_274876/mpage_...2Cdiode/tm.htm

obviously just ignore the diode part...

Quick Reply: did a search....which fairings do you have to take off for flushmount installation?