Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rider Down...Prayers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new, but i wish him the best in his recovery!!!

Josh

Old 02-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Good to hear you're recovering. Do well with it all.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Niquie F4iChica
... He told me that he is really afraid for the physical therapy since it will be extremely intense and painful for him.

Niquie,

Let him know "No pain no gain." I've had two accidents that required PT. If he understands it HAS to hurt to get better he'll be fine. Let him know he's not alone in feeling the pain. We've all felt it...either emotionally or physically. Hope to see him back on here sometime soon.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM

It's been way too long since our last update. does anyone know someone who can fill us in? how's he doing?

Old 02-26-2009, 07:02 PM

Yeah, I would also like to know how our man is doing. Physical therapy will be cake when he knows it will lead to riding an 09 600rr

Old 02-27-2009, 01:38 PM

Anyone know anything new? Hope your recovering fast man!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you ALL so much for the well wishes and support. it means more to me than i can find words to describe.

im being discharged from the hospital today. it was supposed to be tuesday but they've been in awe over my quick recovery and how fast im getting back to moving around. although, im STILL NOT allowed to put a singe pound of weight on my right foot. they ordered me a set of forearm crutches (which are getting stickered up w/ sportbike inspired stickers and brands when i get home, lol) and i'll have to use them for quite some time.

im not sure how long i'll be out of work, im assuming its going to be atleast 3 months. its been a rough rough road thus far, to recovery. i still have intense pain in my lower spine/hips. the arm doesnt bother me so much, its bearable and i like to think i deal w/ pain pretty well......so the arm isnt an issue. i also go back to the hospital on monday to get my stitches in my arm, and staples in my hip removed.

as it stands, my RR is totaled w/ frame damage. State Farm has already bought the bike off me and taken it. i owe $5400 on it and they cut me a check for $8400.....so the left over money will be put directly into my savings account. right now, i have absolutely NO INTENSIONS on street riding ever again. i still have my F4i in my garage though and i DO plan to wait a few summers to see how my back feels and attempt some track days. but, i will say the option is always there for me to retag/insure the F4i....so only time will tell. just right now, the pain i've been through isnt worth going through again. i still plan on having motorcycles be a absolutely HUGE part of my life and still plan to attend all my local bike nights w/ my truck and what not.....i still love bikes.

once discharged i'll be continuing physical and occupational therapy from home for a while 3 days a week.

well i think thats all for now, any questions feel free to ask.

thank you all, again. take care.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:39 PM

Good to see you back mang

Old 03-01-2009, 03:57 AM

It is DAMN good to see a post from you jason. You're still in my prayers. keep gettin better man

Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 PM

hey man you can always go with a cruiser they r still fun and maybe a little bit safer to ride.... not so much of the urge to go super fast you know

Quick Reply: Rider Down...Prayers Needed