Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rider Down...Prayers Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your still alive Jay! Even though this one is the worst i am going to have to say that it could have been worse. He may not be able to eat cereal but look at him with a champion smile on his face.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:36 PM

Woody, the thing is, he had a hard time getting back on LAST time, and something like this happening so soon (relatively), it's all up to him, I wouldn't be surprised if he DOES hang it up. I'd tell him not to, but with the way things have been going for him....it's not the best track record

Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 PM

My uncle who was a ski instructor told me, "if your not crashing, your not learning." Now as far as this applies to motorcycling could be the subject of a long and conveluted debate, however, who among us does not push their personal limits and skills from time to time? Unlike piling up from relatively slow speeds on snow, crashing in the world of pavement and its surroundings can have far more dire consequences. I was fortunate to start riding when I was 8 years old... and crashed more times in more ways that I care to recall. Heal fast, brother.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 PM

Man thats horrible!!!! it seems it allways happens to the nice guys. Well one way to look at it, he's got allmost enough broken bones for MotoGP cred lolol

I just he hasn't rebroken anything from his last crash

Old 02-19-2009, 06:03 PM

Ok...now that we know he'll heal up whats the prognosis on that beautiful machine of his?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:58 PM

I'll let you know the prognosis of his bike as soon as I know...

As for him, he was able to sit in a wheel chair today and he actually stood up from the bed to get into it. In my opinion, this movement alone is amazing considering just two days ago he would cry out in pain from the bed shaking lightly. He will be working more consistently with the physical therapists tomorrow and should be using a walker soon enough. They told us tonight that since he seems to be doing so well, that he could be transfered to a rehab facility as soon as this weekend, but again this all depends upon his progress.

As for whether or not he will get back on the iron saddle... I will leave this up to him, just like I did last time. And to clarify, the last time, Jason did not have any reservations about whether or not he was going to ride again, it was money concerns. Jason is strong and I hope you all recognize that, and support him no matter what he decides, he gets enough "oh, I hope you would just quit" from his real family.

I will try to keep you guys updated as much as possible.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:18 AM

Just knowing him from here, I would have to say he is a very strong individual, an a great guy. We hope the best for him an let him know that (an im speaking for myself an the others I know that truely know his strength) we will support him no matter what his decision. Further more id like to ad that he has an amazing, strong women for staying with him through all the mental, emotional, an financial stress that an accident like this puts you through. Just know that we hold him in our prayers an am **** tickled happy to hear how well he is doing an cant wait for even more great news on his speedy recovery.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM

++1 gajillion

Old 02-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's good to hear that his is able to move about. Hoping all the best to Jay and a speedy recovery.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 PM

Good to hear your better man it could have been a lot worse man keep your head up

Quick Reply: Rider Down...Prayers Needed