Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rear Ended by bike hating cop

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear Ended by bike hating cop

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums
You ever go to Heysers cycle shop in laurel md?
They know me by name/face/bike
thats probably where i'm going to get my bike, its where my bro got his...

Old 01-16-2008, 05:12 AM

Do yourself a favor and call Mark Spence at Motorcycle Factory Inc. They are located in Woodbridge Va.

I have purchased nine different bikes from them. Great service and great prices.

PM me for more info if you wish.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the Fa-la-la is going on in Bowie????
ORIGINAL: Bigpops

Jaybird - I feel your pain.

On Oct 27 my family andI were rear-ended by an off duty cop in Bowie. We were at a light (stopped) and were hit at approx 40-45MPH. Knocked me out and messed up my wifes neck. My kids were fine. Thank God for F-350 dually's.

After the dust settled - I stepped out and had this guy stumble towards me. I can smell the alcohol ....and he gives me the "it's OK...Im a cop".

Pissed does not describe my feelings.

Long story short, the State Police were awesome. They arrested him on site and cooperated with my insurance company (State Farm).

Ohhh, he had a Dodge Durango and it was totalled! We are back on the road but seeing a Chiropractor.

UPDATE ON SITUATION:
I get a phone call from Sergeant Essing today AFTER tracking downthe Major who the case was assigned to from the letter I received from the county. This got passed around. Immediately I recognize the Sergeant as being McMillen's supervisor and let him know that I had tried to leave a message for him that went unreturned. He informs me that the case was forwarded to him from Internal Affairs. Apparently they have some weird sorting system where some stay with IA and some go to the local station. The Sergeant coudn't explain why this one went to him.

It boils down to this: He says that there are some bad cops out of the 14,000 in PG County and apologizes for that. He appeared to be really sincere, but personally I'm not in favor of the investigation being handled locally as it was forwarded as "an accident report that was previously unreported". WHAT A CROCK! He gave me the name of the officer who was a bystander (Moyer) and showed me the report of the call on the radio from the stop. He read my statement and basically asked some questions and made some notes on a report form.

THEN he says that in spite of his best efforts, he couldn't find the tickets, a court summons, or ANYTHING that says this happened EXCEPT for the radio report. AND he shows me a report that the camera system was reporting non-functional on 10/3/07 (12 days before incident) and that it was out of warranty and was going to get replaced but hadn't been done by that time. WHAT ANOTHER CROCK!

He tries to assure me that the police do not use vehicles to stop motorcycles but also says that THERE IS NO LAW AGAINST LYING. (2 MORE CROCKS!)!!!

So, I still have to go to court. And I will go without a tape, and if I don't get the case postponed, then I will probably go without an attorney (bad idea).

Any lawyers on here?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:39 PM

He hit you?!
I'd've let my fukking bike go and jumped back on his hood. Then claimed injury upon injury upon injury.
That's some ****ing bull****.
I'm glad i didn't have to face this situation, there's NO WAY i would've been able to keep my cool.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:33 PM

Ya, I would just be getting a good lawyer and get him fired. Then you can go whip his *** after he is a civilian again.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:13 AM

Wow, that last update was even more F'd up. There is no crime as far as I know of for lying like the officer did, but in his job his credibility is at issue and he could be suspended or lose his job because of it. I'd be calling the prosecutors office if I were you to not only discuss the ticket you have, but also about looking into the officer's conduct.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man... what in the blue *** was this guy thinking? Maybe he is just really pissed off because the wife just divorced his sorry a$$ for the neighborand took the kids, house, Bike, and dog. Maybe Jaybird was just a victim of his jealous rage.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UPDATE: Rear Ended by bike hating cop

Court was today- Cop didn't show. Judge said Not Guilty.
Now I'm on the offensive. I'm going to file a 2nd complaint over the manner the 1st was handled (or mishandled for that matter). There will also be a complaint& the US Dept of Justice cc'd showing their non-compliance with their requirement to have all vehicles equipped with recording systems. I'm going to be a PITA.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Banned
Default RE: UPDATE: Rear Ended by bike hating cop

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Court was today- Cop didn't show. Judge said Not Guilty.
Now I'm on the offensive. I'm going to file a 2nd complaint over the manner the 1st was handled (or mishandled for that matter). There will also be a complaint& the US Dept of Justice cc'd showing their non-compliance with their requirement to have all vehicles equipped with recording systems. I'm going to be a PITA.
Not often I encourage this type of attitude publicly, but this is also one of the few instances where most, if not all the story has been told. And it is in your favor. I appreciate you not bull****ting us with the facts and being honest.

Strip that MF'er of his badge, he doesn't deserve it. There is a difference between having a bad day and practicing deceitful tactics and overall dishonesty. Not completely surprsing though, do you think you could hand pick 14K people through a series of interviews and distinguish the good from the bad apples? It's tough and is a problem for agencies everywhere.

On top of that, most smaller, less fortunate agencies (oddly where people feel the safest) lose out to a lot of higher-paying agencies. They are left to recruit second and third-string officers who may have never worked in law enforcement otherwise. That's just the small towns. Larger cities can pick form a larger pool, but then there is more of a chance for, "in your face" corruption tactics that lead many a good officer down the wrong path.

It's an unfortunate cycle that continues but what can you do? Humans are humans.

Good luck, brother.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Default RE: UPDATE: Rear Ended by bike hating cop

Jaybird you give them Hell Marine ! glad something positive hascame out of this for you

KID, I will so I think this is the best posts I've seen from you and would agree with every word of it

Quick Reply: Rear Ended by bike hating cop