Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant Time.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant Time.....

On my way to work this mornin, on the bike as usual i got pulled by the local plod.

The story is i`ve no fairing on the bike at all, only rear cowl section behind my seat so i was asking for it really and i knew it would only be a matter of time till i got pulled.

Thing is....

Why do all plod`s think there the boss of the world? He gave me all the usual crap, then tells me i`ve no lights and this mornin it was pissin it down etc then points to my air intake solenoid tube which is hangin loose n plugged and says is that your brake line? Wtf?

Goin on that he`s gonna tow my bike away, wtf for its legal it would pass an M.O.T as is for daylight so why can`t they just talk to ya like a normal human being?

Didn`t give me a ticket for the number plate though. Just Ear Ache.

[sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=rant.gif]

Old 04-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Default RE: Rant Time.....

I understand your rant. It seems that some cops just get on power trips and have to be asses. If he wasn't going to ticket you then why pull you over?? I have a lot of friends that are cops and they are really good guys. The thing is like in most cases there are some bad apples in all groups that ruin it for the entire group.

Not to **** you off more but you did start out saying due to the current condition of your bike you were just waiting to get hassled.....

Old 04-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Retired Administrator

I'm lucky for now. I live in a higher crime area so the law enforcement have better things to do than harass riders. Everyday the news list at least one murder or shooting. Plus our highways are posted 55mph and everyone does 70's and most are in the 80's so it's hard to be picky and pull over bikes. Damn where's the autobahn when you need it.

Oh by the way... I like you're style. Ride the bike in any condition "as long as it's safe" rather than drive a cage.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:22 PM

+1 Don

I live in orlando, they really dont stand a chance pulling any bike over down here. Sh*t, every thursday the bikes, hundreds of them, would take over a street DOWNTOWN and race up and down it and stunt their bikes. Finally cops put a no parking sign up (the week i got my bike). Anyways, the day after i got my bike i was riding to work with no tags yet (heading there after work) with a cop behind me....didnt do a thing, lol.

Ehhhh i'm perfectly fine with that

Old 04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, least ya didn't get a ticket. Bleedin' ears will heal up And I'll give another +1 on the ride it as long as it's safe -- rode mine sans front fender for forever til my parts came in

Old 04-08-2006, 06:02 PM

The problems with all cops are that they are either the dork who got his *** kicked his whole life and the motorcycles remind him of everything he is not. Or they are lyeing dirty bastards that can lie so well they can fool a lie dector. It sucks they have no damn idea what bikes are all about or what they are and the parts they have. When i got a ticket the dumb *** kept saying it was a gbr and i told him no a cbr and he insisted that it was a gbr until i told him look at the damn regstration and take a class if your going to be out here know what the hell writing made up tickets for.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:18 PM

yeah i dont like cops here in cali anymore their idiots but any way im sorry to hear what happend to you..wast of your time...

Old 04-10-2006, 03:23 PM

Hell yeah i`ll ride it aslong as it`s road worthy, thing is the fairing is there waiting to go on.. I`ve just not had time.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:56 PM

while we're ranting about cops, i went to the local cop shop the other day because i lost my license plate for my bike. i went in dressed nicely and completely polite and all the cops their were just staring at me like i had "i have drugs" written on my face in black marker. they patted me down thinking i had a gun or something i guess, and seemed like they we waiting for me look at the wall wrong so they could take me down. I hate cops i went to them and they were all dicks. aaaaarrrrrrgggggg

-Josh

Old 04-14-2006, 08:23 PM

that sucks...i find that motorcycle bacon tend to be alot worse then regular patrol bacon...anyone agree?