Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant: motorcycle gore websites are worthless.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might have missed that pic inbetween the gore shots, Rojer.

But if trying to get the point across about gear (and to save pimp's sanity, this isn't about gear) showing the wreckage, giving the details of the crash and showing why he survived is totally different from most of what's on ride2die. A 1 page 'website' with barely any formatting and no organization pretty much says the creator doesn't give a chit about the information on the page.

Informing wasn't his priority. And I realize regardless of whatever the creator's intent was, someone that gives a damn can pull a lesson out of a dog turd on the sidewalk. Doesn't mean just cause he can do it that he should be doing it. Or that showing people dogshyte is the best way to get a point across.

Afterall, pretty sure few (in anyone) here knew someone you know that's living is actually on ride2die

Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kind of split on the idea to be honest. I've seen the website a few times now.

The reason I am split is simple. The website serves as one purpose, and it is to teach people to WEAR THEIR GEAR. Unfortunately, showing some girl lifting up her shirt to show how totally destroyed she is because she went down obviously wearing next to nothing is a VERY good way for people to understand what the gear is there for. So you don't look like you got intimate with a cheese grader.

The problem is... he has pictures that are 100% completely unsurvivable on there. Gear or no gear. Having a newspaper clipping of how a car ran over a guy at a stoplight is not helpful to anyone other than someone IN A CAR. The people impaled, crushed, obliterated... no one needs to see that stuff. It sure as hell hasn't made me a better rider knowing that while I'm sitting at a stoplight I could become the car behind me's hood ornament and get stuffed into the trunk of the car infront of me at the same time.

IMO, he should have the road rash pictures next to a picture of someone who went down wearing full gear. Show pictures of the trashed gear with a healthy rider holding them up. I know people have plenty of those pictures. Gore is a great sell, but you can't just show gore gore gore. It doesn't help anyone, you need to show the answer to the gore and what happens when it's used.

Honestly, it amazes me how many people ride that have absolutely no idea WHAT a leather jacket really does other than make you sweat.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use that site for the hardheads that think gear is dumb etc, yanno the ones that are just fin clueless n want to look cool. When I first viewed that site it didnt have all the domain for sell bs on it n it doesnt stop me from using it now or from using Brittney Marrows.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Actually the post isn't about whether or not people wear gear. If you had read the first post, you woulda caught it has very little to do about whether or not people wear gear.

It's about the value of that website in general to do anything more than sicken most people, titillate others and potentially generate cash for the domain name owner.
Nevermind..... they will continue to profit because of curiosity of others...

Last edited by txsmainevent; 07-30-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Trying to stay drama free....