Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

(Rant) Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
You won't lean and corner, you have ZERO hope if evading a police cruiser.
Yep he is a dumb ***

Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Is he a friend or associate? If he is a friend then i think you are bad "friend material". If you would dis-miss a friend due to motorcycles then i think he is better of without you..... i would never turn my back on a friend behind something as stupid as his ability to ride a motorcycle......to each his own tho.....

Old 08-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Is he a friend or associate? If he is a friend then i think you are bad "friend material". If you would dis-miss a friend due to motorcycles then i think he is better of without you..... i would never turn my back on a friend behind something as stupid as his ability to ride a motorcycle......to each his own tho.....
That's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that a friend wouldn't willingly endanger himself and others after being told by his friends just how dangerous his mindset is. My opinion is a friend would take in account the effects his actions (and their possible consequences) would have on his friends and their feelings.

To have a friend you have to be a friend. And my other friends would back me to the end simply because they know I'd do the same. The other riders at the office are also distancing themselves, finding reasons not to be able to ride with him. Least I'm honest enough to tell him flat out "No, you don't ride with any sense".

Old 08-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by helghast7
sounds like one of those fools that rides for all the wrong reasons, its a shame a damn shame.

i think whats worse is that unless hes stupid lucky, theres a lesson thats going to be learned, and it probably wont be very nice
Hopefully it wont be fatal, and he can walk away with more respect for the machine. But its highly possible, he's just an accident waiting to happen if he races a lot.
Those are the kind of riders I don't go on rides with. Too dangerous for everyone.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:28 PM
October 2011 ROTM

The problem I see here is not that he doesn't wear his gear but he is in superman mode and thinks nothing bad will happen to him. While I am full supporter of gear at all times no matter what the conditions are, people have the right not to wear it. If they don't and a result of that is they die or gets all rashed up then that's their problem not mine.

Kuroshio I don't think this makes you bad "friend material" at all. I would dismiss a friend if they decided to do drugs because I don't do drugs nor do I want to be around or associated with drugs. I think the same principal lies here in the since that you want to be around responsible riders and not some squid. Riding is suppose to be enjoyable and if its if not then don't ride. Some people only enjoy it by drag racing and doing 100+ MPH, some enjoy doing wheelies down the highway and others enjoy a nice calm ride. Now sure the 100+MPH burst or the quick wheelie is cool every once in a while that is not how I enjoy riding. If someone whats to ride like that all the time then I will not be riding with them.

Last edited by R Dub; 08-05-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Well said Rdub +1

Old 08-04-2010, 09:49 PM

A girl I went through my BRC class with, her and I have hit it off a little bit and we've been helping each other learn how to ride. Problem is, if it's hot out, I have to practically strap on her jacket myself. Difference is, after our ride we went out to lunch to chill for a bit. She ended up thanking me for making her put on her jacket. Always nice.

PS. Kuroshio. You weren't riding down 676 past the Ben Franklin Bridge today at like 4:30 were you? Saw a blue F4i pass me in the work van haha.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my friend likes to carry loaded guns around with him where ever he goes,
sleeps with one, carries one, aims it around his house and fires it out back.
he says he knows how to use them, and doesn't need to be "told" what to do.

there are over 6 bullet holes in his roof/walls.

then there's me.
if you gave me a gun, id put the safety on.

some people are different.
personally, i think it's falling/messing up that made me a better/more cautious biker. also, understanding the bike to its core (more than just changing your oil) helps me to understand exactly whats happening when i turn the throttle.

physics experiments with eggs ( waayyy back in highschool) lets me know what happens when i turn the throttle too much also

Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 AM

I had a "friend " that used to think he was 10 feet tall and bulletproof. He rode at 10 tenths all the time... I told him if he kept riding like that he would be a statistic. The next time I saw him he was on crutches in a cast from ankle to hip. He didn't see the patch of sand that got him.
I guess the point is some people have to crash to understand the warning. You can share your knowlege but not experience.