F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

truly disappointed in my cbr

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truly disappointed in my cbr

This is just stupid, i have a stripped bolt at my stator covor from the previous owner.. I am really mad at this because i had no idea that this was wrong with the motorcycle when i bought it 3 months ago. The leak isnt bad at all, but if the bike has been sitting for a few days i can see oil seep out. I dont understand how i can fix this problem, and it drives me to the point of selling my cbr and purchasing a new one, or just getting out of the riding business. I mean, my girlfriend hates it when im on the motorcycle, and i find my self investing so much money into the bike with mods, and whatnot and coming out disappointed in the end because of this leak. I discovered it about 2 months ago and replaced the gasket with a liquid gasket maker, and when i was bolting the stator covor back on i found that the screw on the bottom front of the stator is stripped. Its not acually the screw but where it mates to the engine casing. I basically dont know how to fix this. The bolt doesnt catch, i tried tapping it and everything its just impossible! i think im going to post my motorcycle on craiglist. how much do you think i can get out of a 2001cbrf4i with 30k miles..... THe bike acually has about 20 but it was upgraded with a bigger sprocket about a year ago.... i paid 3000 for the bike, the man stumped me and told me there was no leaks..... what am i suppose to tell the next buyer...?

It has:
Yoshimura trs carbon fiber exhaust
flush carbonfiber turn signals
new vortex sprockets and chain, 48t-16t
undertail kit
new rear tire, good front tire
k&N airfilter
blue rim tape/barends/oil cap
custom marble blue paint job

Maintance:
New brake fluid
new oil
new forkseals/forkoil

I was going to order pazzo clutch and brake handles but there is no point. i want to get all my money back so im going to ask 3500. but im probably **** outta luck.. trade in? idk...? so upsetting this is worst than not being able to get a boner. I want a 05-600rr. A yellow one

Old 06-10-2010, 02:29 AM

Take a good picture of that bold, show us. People have experience here, we can help.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:49 AM

Well i acually sealed up it from the outside also because some oil would come out between the threads i put a black rtv sealant surrounding the bolts. I heard of a helicoil that can probably fix it but im just not in the mood to work on it anymore, im pretty sick of it acually. I posted it on craiglist asking 3500obo. once i sell this bike even if its for 3000 or 2800 im going to put that down for a 2005cbr600rr. im just done working on it.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:56 AM

I might upgrade to a yamaha!!!!! haha a r1 woot!!!! r6 is beautiful too!!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:07 AM

Have you ever heard of a heli-coil (not being sarcastic) there made for stripped holes, and I have had very good luck with them. I use them professionally at work fixing stripped out spark plug holes in aluminum. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth, but I would look into them before I bought a new bike personally.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:07 AM

Whoops sorry I just re read your above post.... Sorry it's early !

Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 AM

Wait wait bro your tired of spending money on it but your gonna put a down payment on another older bike ?

1) Payment every month
2) Things breaking cuz its an 05
3) mods !!!!!!

Bro I think ill just fix the problem it'll be ALOT cheaper.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 AM

heli-coil is actually REALLY easy to use. They actually come in kits with everything to fix the messed up thread for like $20, It is easy to do and use. I wouldnt sell the bike over a $20 fix, fix it put her back together and ride her brains out and you will feel better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=400124104198

edit. here is what you need, $33 Actually, and maybe a hour of your time, at the most. Don't sell her just yet, get over being pissed off about something that you didn't know about. I think most of us have been there, truly disgusted in something because it is broken and we have so much time and $$ in her. However before you do anything to out there like selling her, get her bandaged up and see how you feel then.
Goodluck bud

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 06-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
Wait wait bro your tired of spending money on it but your gonna put a down payment on another older bike ?

1) Payment every month
2) Things breaking cuz its an 05
3) mods !!!!!!

Bro I think ill just fix the problem it'll be ALOT cheaper.
your're going to spend more money buying a new bike. You can take the bike to a shop and they will take the screw out for you for free. Don't be quick to sell out the bike.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

This has to be one of the most rediculous post EVER. You have a stripped bolt from some previous idiot and that makes you hate the bike? You can't control your own spending on mods that you don't need and that makes you hate riding? Give us a break dude. Its a freaking stripped bolt. Use an easy out and replace the thing. Wait, I just read the entire post and see you want a yellow bike. It all makes sence now......

Quick Reply: truly disappointed in my cbr