Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rant...Cell phone talker/texter...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant...Cell phone talker/texter...

Was at work today, and parked my bike in the usual spot. Dead center in the biggest spot on the lot, and where I can see it from my office window.
Pretend it's a hummer...

While out in the courtyard/park area smoking with a co-worker, a snobby little punk teen, probably 18-19-20, barely avoids running into my bike as he's pulling into a parking spot. (I work in Southlake, and everyone who lives, or owns a business there is a millionare or close to it.)

Why did he almost crash my bike on PRIVATE PROPERTY WHERE OF COURSE THE COPS WOULD
HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO NADA?

Because as usual, the little punk was either talking, dialing, or text messaging on his cell phone.

He came so close both me and my co-worker expected a crunch any second.

He gets out of his truck, looks at me looking at him...trying to act all tough...seeing whose going to drop their eyes,

I took my riight boot and kicked a metal and wooden bench clean out of the park and into the parking lot. Must have skidded a good 30 yards.

That got the little **** to drop his eyes and hurry inside his rich mama's business.

Little bastard. I'd have taken that cell phone, gave it a good lick, pulled the little punk's pants down and reamed his butt with it if he had hit it.

Wal-Mart has pre-paid cell phones on sale for $19.

I'm going to spend a day off driving about town looking for cell texters, the ones weaving all over the road, get their lic.plate info, and stop and
call them in as a possible drunk driver.

If they are not drunk and still weaving when the cops pull them over, they get a ticket.

If they are drunk and yakking, they go to jail, and get a ticket.

All in a day's work...and I don't even get paid for it.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Default RE: Rant...Cell phone talker/texter...

i'm with you bro!!where do i sign up!!!
Name:  PDT_nunu.gif
Views: 6
Size:  700 Bytes

Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM

yup - i hope they banned texting or actually holding up the phone while driving.. i dont care about handsfree because it doesnt take a hand away from the driving.. it still does distract the driver because he/she is more focused on that conversation and not really paying attention to the road or driving.

they did a study on this and it is totally different with having a passenger in your car and then just having someone talk to you over the phone. a passenger can interact with how you are driving and watch out for danger, also it was something about the voice patterns that kind-of stimluated the driver where he/she didnt need to pay more attention to the passenger and keep his/her eyes and concentration more on the road.But you will never be able to stop or catch a person with handsfree unless it is just boldy sticking out his/her ear.

today in this world people are so busy they cant even do one thing at a time anymore, they are so in debt, so stressed and then get on the road and start to drive so poorly.

sorry i got off-track but they really need to solve this problem with the cell phones and driving because las vegas is a hell hole. and cour'd'alene is getting there too and i'm getting sick of it. if im going to ride/drive like an ***, i take my bike/car to a private property or a closed road and just have at it.

there was a website for bad drivers - people would submit their lic plate and everything and tell them what they were doing and the location.. dont know if the site is still up - but i think on board camera would be the best idea to get these A-holes in the act (one on helmet and bike).. start to be a vigliante (sp?) muhaha

Old 08-06-2007, 09:00 PM

YA!!!!!! Fight the machine!!!!!

Texas keeps yackin about making it illegal to talk on a cell phone without hands free but it'll never happen. There would have to be a 30 car pile up before anything happens.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 PM

it's funny how that works - just like traffic lights. You have to have at least 5 people die in a deadly intersection for a light to be put up in vegas.. you will get like 4 deaths and they will get everything ready but intill that 5th they dont install the light system it seems.. but just remember 5 people = 1 cop.. so if an officer dies at an intersection it will automatically be a light there the next day (nothing wrong with that, but why do you have to go by deaths - JESUS)

it's sad they have to actually see people start to die to figure out how bad it is.. "oh look, another 18,000 people died from accidents while on the phone this year- hmmmm you think it's dangerous yet? *looks to the co-worker to his left*, the co-worker shakes his head "na, not yet - plus it's a good way to get revenue for the social security" you pay in but you dont get payed out haha

sorry now im ranting

Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 PM

i carry pieces of sparkplugs.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

So i guess saying that i text while driving my bike wont get me any fans here

Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Mad

In california it become illegal to talk on a phone without a handsfree device on July 1st 2008. I can't friggin wait.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:13 AM

yeah i hate those damn drivin text messagers. i rode next to a chick and she didn't even look up for a good 20 seconds. if i see someone texting or talking on the phone and they are driving behind me, i twist the throttle and get the hell outta dodge. i know they are not paying any attention. people are so into all the vehicles accessories and forget the number 1 priority is to be driving. now their is tv's, navigation, automatic vehicles really allow people to not focus on driving.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM

Whenever someone on the phone does something stupid like run a stopsign or swerve infront of me I go out of my way to terrorize them without doing anything to illegal myself. And thats when they dont even come close to making me crash. I haven't had that happen yet, but i could imagine it wouldn't turn out good for them.