Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cell Phone's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell Phone's.

So i been looking for a new phone, but i don't want to extend my contract. My contract with sprint ends in 2-3 months and might decide to leave, But they won't let me get a new phone cheap with out extending my contract. I have had my phone for over2 years now, I changed my plan so it extended it longer. My phone is way past retirement.Does anyone have or know a place i can get one?? I all ready tried craigslist, nothing good and i don't really want to trust ebay.
So if you got a old sprint phone let me know.
Blackberry or Treo, even better.

Also i been looking around at the major companys to see who had good plans, got me thinking.
What cell phone provider do you have?

Old 01-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Cell Phone's.

Hey Veeps...where are you? The man needs some phone help!

I have mine through Sprint only because I bundle ALL my services through them. I am no help, otherwise. Sorry .

Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM

I got Verizon.

"Can you hear me now? ... ... ... Good!"

Old 01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iphone from at&t baby

Old 01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
VP

Sprint actually just made some "Changes" to the fees on their bill which allows you to end your contract early without being charged a termination fee... all you have to do is call customer care... I think it's only through January...

My honest advice: get away from Sprint as fast as you can...AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are all great cell phone providers... you'll get good service, reliable billing systems, and you can get great phones... Personally I recommend AT&T and T-Mobile becaue they use GSM which means you can upgrade to a new phone just by putting your sim card in it...that means you can buy unlocked cell phones from Europe and Japan that aren't even for sale here

Old 01-22-2008, 10:15 PM

+1 to T-mobile....they have always been very good with customer service.....i have been with em since 04 and no problems. I just upgraded and got that new "faves" plan where you can add 5 peeps and call em whenever for free...and they have some cool phones. I just got one with like a 1gig memory card, can hold mp3's. movies, do all kinds of stuff that i probably will never figure out how to work, but its pretty cool.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:16 PM

yea dont know of any company who will give you the new cheap pricing on a phone without extending. they lose money on the phones when they do that so they have to make it up in the contract. but either way, i would say check some of the 3rd party dealers by ur house, see if by chance they have any used phones for sale if your looking for something just to get you by (the smaller the dealer the better usually) you could also check sprintusers.com or howardforums (all carrier forum) see if any are for sale on there. i won a treo 755p and sold it on ebay unopened for i think 300 + shipping. so u can find good deals just try and find a NIB one or make sure the user has a perfect rating.the new samsung ace will be out 2/13 i believe (pretty much a blackjack for sprint)

personally im waiting for the new samsungm800 to come out should be sometime in april.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/10/s...sung-sph-m800/

esp since samsung hasnt released much on our network lately beause they are focusing on upping data speeds on their devices hopefull itll be worth the wait. lmk if you got any other questions btw i work for sprint if you couldnt tell

Old 01-22-2008, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Sprint actually just made some "Changes" to the fees on their bill which allows you to end your contract early without being charged a termination fee... all you have to do is call customer care... I think it's only through January...

My honest advice: get away from Sprint as fast as you can...AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are all great cell phone providers... you'll get good service, reliable billing systems, and you can get great phones... Personally I recommend AT&T and T-Mobile becaue they use GSM which means you can upgrade to a new phone just by putting your sim card in it...that means you can buy unlocked cell phones from Europe and Japan that aren't even for sale here
contract thing is not true, once they make the changes, if you pay the following bill to post, you have agreed to the changes and cannot opt out. and they havent done anything like that since the txt rate went up to $.15 last year. the only changes made recently were the ability to change plan w/out contract and i beleiev pro rated ETF starts soon.

you gotta look at the area you live in too as far as carriers go. t0mobile and ATT have horrid service where i live (NW ohio) its all sprint or verizon. buddy of mine switched to att from verizon and HATES it. but i know out west and on the east coast ATT is huge. another thing to look at is if you want a PDA stick with Verizon or sprint, just for the data speeds. they are both Rev-O soon to be Rev-A (sprint has some rev-a devices ready to go) which means d/l speeds of up to 900kbps peaks to 1mbps (rare) i average about 700-800kbps for my web. where as GSM at least in the us on their edge network is peaks about 400kbps its all in what works best for you man.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 AM

Yea that's the only reason i went with Sprint in the first place, there phones and data transfer were the best at the time.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: Badfish

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

contract thing is not true, once they make the changes, if you pay the following bill to post, you have agreed to the changes and cannot opt out. and they havent done anything like that since the txt rate went up to $.15 last year. the only changes made recently were the ability to change plan w/out contract and i beleiev pro rated ETF starts soon.
Trust me man... this is what I do for a living... the Get out of your Sprint contract thing is true for January

http://consumerist.com/consumer/cell...ard-332782.php

Quick Reply: Cell Phone's.