Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A rant about non riders.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A rant about non riders.

So, i just saw a guy get killed on his bike, about 35 min ago. he was hit by a drunk driver, [:@]the rider was speeding, no helmet on, shorts and a t-shirt. So, i get told by two people that "i need to get a car". i only have a bike and don't want another car., its retarded, i have the same chance to die in a car as on a bike, the odds are about the same here. so the 2 people that are telling me this,[:@] one is just stringing me along it feels like and wont step up[:@]. the other keeps try'n to step up but doesn'tsee i want nothng to do with her, WTF. sick of it all. **** it i'm riding, i wear my gear, i'm careful about what i do, i only do stuiped ****e when i can control whats going on around me.I am done with it, hell with the **** i'm cutting my losses and walking. at this point i'd rather besingle then hear the same old ****e!just couse some squid wants to ride with no gear and gets hit, its not a reason for me to stop riding. i'm sorry if this seems harsh or wrong, i do feel bad this guy whogot hit, i am. but it isn't a reason to stop riding, that is something that has to be excepted if you ride the chance of dying. i except it.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A rant about non riders.

the only guarantee of not crashing or getting killed on a bike is to not get on a bike. Then again I could fall out of bed while sleeping n break my neck......

Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 AM

yeah, you could get hit walking across the street. shot ina drive by. there are a million ways to go. riding is one of them. i love riding i'm not giving it up for some chick that isn't my daughter or wife.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: samill42

yeah, you could get hit walking across the street. shot ina drive by. there are a million ways to go. riding is one of them. i love riding i'm not giving it up for some chick that isn't my daughter or wife.
I wont stop riding until I am unable to no more.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 AM

i will stop, if the reason is good enough. NOT RIDING ALL TOGETHER, just all the time, i only ride a bike, so if it gets to a point where i HAVE to get a car, i'll stop riding as much. i needed to clarify that.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:25 AM

Although your chance to crash is about the same as a car your chance to die in a crash is a lot higher. I just got done this project for my engineering clinic about how to reduce motorcycle fatalities in NJ and the only good suggestions we found that really make a difference is to get some proper training if you haven't already. You can't control other drivers or road conditions but you can control ow you react in a sticky situation and the Ridercourses teach you all about that. And if you take those course people probably won't worry about you as much too.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sam ...ssssh .. it's ok .. it's fine :-) ..you've had a fright and people are over reacting .. it happens ... don't do anything rash here .. go for a walk and get a drink .. we're with you here .. if some kid kills himself in a car do we get "sell the car!!" .. no.. but us bikers are always discriminated against like this .. it's just the way it is ..it's no biggie ... it'll be fine :-)

We ride bikes ... we're careful ... and to hell with what anyone else says or thinks ... it's not their business ..

you tell them calmly no ..just no!! :-)

Jules

Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 AM

ummmm, actually you are about 38x more likely to die in a bike crash than a car crash. This is a number from the AMA, soit's not like it's some anti-bike group putting it out, either. That said, training, gear, and using your braingo a LOOOONG way towards reducing those chances.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 AM

51, don't inject facts into his rants. So what if the OP has people telling him not to ride a bike. unless he is 16 and his parents are the ones telling him, so the frack what. get two more bitches who are willing to go out with you.

As for the dead guy... since I don't know the circumstances of what the drunk driver was doing,I can't say that the dead guy did or didn't contribute to his own death. Sad either way though.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown
get two more bitches who are willing to go out with you.

hey!! ... stop that!! :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: A rant about non riders.