Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

rain rain go away.....please....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rain rain go away.....please....

so, yesterday it was fairly cloudy all day and probably about 30mins before i leave for work, it started to pour.......and i mean.......PPPPPPPPPOUR! now dont get me wrong, i thoroughly enjoy a rain ride , its...eh, i guess i'd say "different" hahaha. but i do enjoy it from time to time.

well back to the story here.........

so i left work and before i made it 50yrds, my entire body was soaked. i was wearing my Joe Rocket textile jacket, A* drystar gloves (not so "dry"), work pants (dickies), and steel toe work boots......thats my too/from work get-up.

so im riding home, and its about a 25mile ride each way. i was tucked as low as i could possibly get, chin on the tank haha. i actually felt like a mad man once i got on my road, i looked down at myself and just couldnt help but laugh...i prob. laughed the rest of the way home...you just would have had to see HOW wet i actually was.

when i got home i pulled of my gloves and held them upsidedown and water ran out of them....alot of water. i must have had about a gallon in each boot too. so i hung all my riding gear for work up to dry, tossed the stuff that i CAN put in the dryer, in the dryer. well, when i woke up this morning to pull the bike out and head to work at 3:30am it was just baaaaaaaaaaaarely sprinkling. now....i do NOT want to get wet on my way to work. i let the bike warm up and make my way, no more than 5mins later im in a complete downpour yet again. i pulled off into a gas station to stop under the big canopy over the pumps. i pulled out my trusty rain gear......a ziplock freezer bag, and proceeded to put my wallet and cellphone in there. rode to work and literaly was screaming and yelling/cussing in my helmet. my stuff had finaly dried out and here it was pouring again.

i got to work and stood up, and water ran out of my pants leg and squuuuuuuuuuuuished from my boots....looked at the clock and it was 4am and thought to myself...this will be a lovely day [>:].

so here i sit, on my lunch break.....everything is dry EXCEPT, my cold, wet feet/boots. its making my day miserable hahaha. i think im finaly gonna invest in some rain gear this afternoon.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rain rain go away.....please....

oh man that sucks. i work in an office job, but i agree with you, im fine with getting wet on the way home, but please not on the way to work. i have a 25 mile ride and would like to be dry in the office.

+1 on the riding in the rain is different, but can be fun.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:43 PM

i rode home in sunshiiiiiine! hahaha, much better than the past two rides.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:19 PM

just ordered this...(in silver/black)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Rainsuit.aspx

Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Cute onesie![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM

lol, thanks cbrcrf. didnt really want a 2pc though.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:31 PM

Just playin with ya. If I had to deal with that I would have a cute onesie too .

Old 04-30-2008, 02:47 AM

You live so close to me, lol I know what you mean. It's supposed to be 80 and sunny Friday though so be thankful