Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Quite possibly the best furry family portrait I've snapped yet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jared - also meant to ask, do you have them all on a Raw diet? I saw Piggy had a small Turkey waiting for her on that plate hahah

Old 04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read your story man! your a heck of a person for doing the right thing and you can tell they thank you for it!

the picture is just awesome! you're definitely blessed with some amazing animals

Old 06-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a little update to the whole puppy story for those that might be interested....

Everybody is doing great still! And still growing too..... they're up to 45 lbs each as of this morning. It's getting hot outside so I got them a little pool to splash around in until I can find a place to take them swimming (been looking). I really didn't want the blow up one but it was all they had, so I'll use it until they pop it, hahah

Name:  porkersinpool.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  84.9 KB

A couple videos

And much like Piggy, they love riding in the car (thank god, lol)
Name:  9ea259cc.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  187.5 KB

Name:  a4ef52a0.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  158.5 KB

But anyways, I've had a few ideas that have been floating around my brain the last couple weeks that I've been tossing around. Watching these two grow up and seeing their personalities and whatnot, I'm seeing ALOT of talent. They're both incredibly smart, attentive, well mannered dogs, so I really wanted to do something with them. I feel like I'd be wasting alot of good talent if I didn't. So here's my idea that I've been tossing around in my head the last couple of weeks.... I'm giving some serious thought into trying to get them trained and certified as therapy dogs. From the way I see them behave it just seems like something that they would be great at. I know they have to pass a pretty strict test to pass, but I think I'm gonna give it a shot and see what happens (once they're old enough, of course.... gotta be 1 yr). That's something I'd love to do too

So yea... that's my plan as of now. I've trained them to the best of my abilities (which isn't great, lol), but we've got a trainer here in town that's supposed to be pretty good, so I'm gonna talk with him about this and see what happens from there. I've got 5 months to prepare them and with as quickly as they catch onto stuff, I don't foresee any problems there

I really want to do something with Piggy too, I hate feeling like I'm leaving her out cuz she's such an awesome dog too, but I just don't know what just yet

We'll see what happens!

Oh and on a side note.... I had all 3 at the groomers (which is a friend of mine) getting their hair trimmed on saturday, and she said Riley and Piper were right at the top of her list of some of the best behaved dogs that she's had in her shop... and that's compared to adult dogs and everything, and they're still 7 month old puppies. Makes me quite proud!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awww! That is so sweet! The best dog I ever had was Pookie, an American Founder (I "found her" and it sounds better than "mutt").

She gave me 13 great years. Thank god for Jasmine (standard poodle) and Sheba (skeiperkie, sic.), they have kept the grief at bay (mostly), when she finally got old.

Here's an added note, ya'll will appreciate. DD (my wife) and I were out riding in the sticks on Sunday. Went past a cross-roads out in who-ville and saw a little puppy. On the way back home, went back thru and she was still there.

Pulled over, bundled her up in my vest and we carried her home. 6# of bones and ticks. Straight to bath and plucking ticks, vet today for shots and worms. She cleaned up nice.

We're gonna call her Sadie. She is adorable! We think she is a min-pin/chihuahua mix. Two days and she hasn't messed in the house once! Very sweet, friendly and smart.

Ern

Attached Thumbnails Quite possibly the best furry family portrait I've snapped yet!-100_2347.jpg   Quite possibly the best furry family portrait I've snapped yet!-100_2357.jpg   Quite possibly the best furry family portrait I've snapped yet!-100_2350.jpg  

Last edited by MadHattr059; 06-06-2011 at 07:48 PM.