Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pulled over for no rear reflector?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007 | 09:26 AM
Default RE: Pulled over for no rear reflector?

I just went out for a smoke and noticed that there are no rear reflectors on my bike aside from what's on the trunk. All of teh other bikes parked around mine have the license reflectors and even some with add'l reflective stickers/tape on their saddlebags, etc. I'm going to have to stop on the way home and get some license bolt reflectors for mine before they start cracking down in VA.

Old 07-09-2007 | 09:47 AM
Banned

Every motorcycle ever made has a reflector in the rear.

You probably don't have yours because of a modification.

Old 07-09-2007 | 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

There's a reason they're gettin' down on sportbikes.

I just had a buddy killed in a pursuit 1 week ago. He was a county deputy who waspursuing a sportbikethat was "taunting" a city cop while he was conducting a traffic stop by doing wheelies past him.

My buddy Charlie lost control of his cruiser when he crested a hill and there was a semi-tractor blocking the intersection. He swerved to avoid it and hit a traffic control box. He was resusitated on the scene and then life-flighted to KU Medical Center where he fought for his life in an induced coma for 5 days before ultimately losing his life.

It is officially open season on sportbikes in Missouri, at least the Northwest part anyway. I'm going to go ahead and assume that no tickets have been issued for the reflectors - they're only gathering information about you and your bike.

As an aside, I'd like to say that I am only sharing this so as to explain to Missouri riders why they may expect a little more strict observation from the authorities. I do not, in any way, want to hear anyone here even begin to speculate faults and where they may lie or the ideaology behind more strict enforcement for motorcycles.

He was my friend, he had a baby boy and a beautiful wife. We all miss him and again, please don't begin any sort of debate on why this or that happened. Leave it as someone lost their life and now Missouri riders just need to be a bit more aware of their actions and how the public percieves them.

sorry to hear about your buddy