Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

i had a bike cop pull up next to me on my way to work the other morning. look over @ him, he looks at me and i say "nice bike, those thing smust be comfortable" he smiles and said " yea im on it all day it better be" then he said something that shocked me " i got a 929 sitting at home" he told me to becareful and dont let him catch me pullin any wheelies . i agreed and rode off , one of the nicest bike cops i have ever met.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 AM

yes sir, no sir usually works for me.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 AM

Ever think that maybe, not always, the cop staring you down is actually checking out your bike and seeing if you got any mods done to it. I do this all the time.
I've pulled up next to many sport bikes at traffic lights, in traffic , etc and given a compliment and many times left the rider sitting there speechless. I guess all cops have to be a$$holes and the ones that aren't must be defective or something lol.
Me personally I've stopped out with sportbikes on the side of the road, on a beach access, or in a parking lot before many times. At first they always think the worst and one will finally come up to ask me if everything is ok and when I tell them I got a cbr at the house and just wanted to check out the motorcycles the whole groub breaths a sigh or relief and we generally chat for a few.
I know a lot of cops that ride motorcycles in thier off time work out of cruisers, so I guess you never know who's looking at you lol.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:15 PM

its funny you said that rtb i had a cop following me yesterday and im like ah what ever keeped going he pulls up next to me i look over and he rolls his window down and yells out to me " hey nice bike". i think people forget that officers are peoples family freinds and they ride motorcycles to or are bound to know someone who does.

me i have never been pulled over but my msf instructor was a ex-police officer and he told me to take your helemt off and keys and set them on the ground next to the bike an leave your hand clearly visible at all times.

hey guys ride smart and be safe out there. running just to get out of a ticket isnt worth your life or any one elses

Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blue fox...you're so full of crap...
you know it didn't happen like that...you know you got away with no ticket because he took you behind the alley and did some "child predator" stuff to you! admit it!

muhahahahha...

you know...back in the day...like 3 years ago...i blasted through a bunch of cars who were busy trying to kill each other to get to a safe opening on the highway...and a CHP who was roadside giving out tickets actually chased me down...yes i was going very fast but i had to get out of there...

he was oohhhh sooo mean...and screamed and yelled at me, blah blah blah...took my license, ran it (clean record baby...)...then came back and said be careful with your riding...

in retrospect...was he yelling cause he was mad at me or was he yelling cause we both couldn't hear crap on in the carpool shoulder? IDK...

Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 AM

I get wayyyyy more warnings on my bike than in my car...and for much bigger infractions too! I agree that if you pull over immidiately and are polite, a lot of times this surprises them and they let you off.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:01 PM

i keep my insurance card in the little "trunk" so taking the key out and setting it somewhere really isnt an issue...i just put it in the "trunk" keyhole in plain view of the officer and then pop the "trunk" and take my insurance out when he/she asks for it

Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM

I've only been pulled over a handful of time and have only had one ******** cop. Be nice to them and dont act stupid on why they pulled you over and they'll be nice back.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:21 PM

Good story man. I hate to get pulled over, but it feels good whrn the cop is cool and you don't get a ticket.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:06 PM

In the state of VA; my experiences have been the officers would like you to stay on the bike with your helmet off and the bike turned off.

Quick Reply: Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.